40

This book is longer than I expected it to be..💀 But that's a good thing, right? Also excuse any mistakes and I'm sorry if it's short.

Odell

I couldn't believe it was her. After all th ese years, she's finally found me. I walked outside and closed the door behind me.

"You look more different in person." She said.

"And you've changed, a lot. A lot since you left home." She said.

We stood there awkwardly for a few minutes before I finally spoke up.

"I guess we should get inside." I opened the door and let her inside then walked I behind her. By the time we were just getting inside, I could see Victoria making her way down the steps.

"Aren't you supposed to be resting?" I helped her down the last few steps.

"I just wasted to come down and meet her. It would be rude if I didn't." She said. "I'm Victoria, it's nice to meet you, um-(gco)"

"Ashanti." She said.

"Ashanti." They shook hands.

I wrapped my arm around Victoria. "Well you go upstairs and get some rest like the doctor said. I'll show her around the house."

"Ok." She pecked my lips and waved to Ashanti. "It was nice to meet you Ashanti."

"Likewise." She smiled.

Victoria made her way up the stairs and I started to show her around the house. The last room was the guest room.

"This could be your room. You know, in case we need you to stay or if you stay."

She nodded. "Cool."

"The house is all cleaned up and the kids are already gone, so you could just chill for now. Hannah gets out at 3, so be there for 2:55, please?"

She nodded. "Okay."

I nodded and started to walk out but she stopped me.

"Odell." She said.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Thanks for the job."

"Welcome." I said before walking out of the room.

Ashanti

After sitting around for a while I decided to go up and check on Victoria. I know she wasn't able to do too much, so I wanted to help her.

I knocked on their door and she said to come in, so I walked in. I walked over to the bed where she was.

"Hey. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good. Just watching tv. How have you been?"

"Bored." I chuckled.

"Well if you want, I could come downstairs with you. We could watch movies or something."

"Oh no. I'll be fine. Besides, your husband said that you were on strict bedrest."

"You sure?" She asked.

"Yes I'm sure. Do you need anything?"

"No I'm fine. Thank you though." She said.

I nodded and made my way out of the room.

Odell

"So she's at your house?" Viv asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"then why don't you just fire her?"

"I would, but Victoria would suspect something if I fired her like that."

"Well what are you going to do?"

I sighed. "I don't know. I have to fire her someday. She's my past."

"Right, and you can't let her interfere with your future."

"Should I tell Victoria?" I asked.

"I would wait until Ashanti is gone." He said.

"I guess." I said getting up and grabbing my bag. "Thanks for the advice." I hugged Vic and we did our handshake.

"No problem. See you later."

"Alright."