Chapter 5: A Sneak Peek

This is the chapter where Charlotte gets a glimplse of what she has to deal with and you get to meet Dr. John Watson briefly. Enjoy and comment what you think needs improvement and your thoughts, of course!

* * * * *

Chapter 5: A Sneak Peek

It was Thursday and Charlotte was starting to wonder if Lestrade had forgotten about the cases she was suppose to be getting. Normally, she would pester about it to him but he was doing her a grand favor and she didn't want to be a burden after all he is doing for her. Tomorrow is the final day of school before her holidays start and she was nervous. What if he did forget? she thought. The bell for the end of school rung and she sighed, assuming he did. "Charlotte, a word with you before you leave?" he asked. Assumingly, he might tell me he couldn't get the cases for me or he probably changed his mind or- "Have you told anybody about me giving you the cases?" he asked closing the door quickly and pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Surprisingly, no. I was meaning to tell Watson but he was a bit too...preoccupied," she said it with disgust. He really didn't want to know so he quickly went into his briefcase and pulled out some files. "Good. Put these in your bag, and don't open them at all. Don't even look at them for the remainder of your time being here. Open them when you get home, but not anywhere public, understand?" he said, giving them to her with caution. She nodded in understanding and he opened the door to let her out.

"Don't let anyone see you with them, got it?" "Yes, don't worry about it, these things will be back to you in no time at all," she winked at him before leaving. Just like her father. he thought and then closed the door behind her.

* * * * *

She was tempted to tell Hamish about the cases she had been given. She hadn't told him anything about it, he was too busy hanging out with Nancy, it disgusted her really. He should be focusing on more important things than trying to shag Nancy! Like this case for example. Of course, I haven't told him anything about it so he wouldn't know. But still! Stupid Nancy with my stupid Watson! 

She made her way towards the g-wing, then in room 743, where her room was and that also included her roomate Amanda. She was reading a novel and took notice of Charlotte's presence. "Aren't you going to pack? You know we're leaving tomorrow right?" she asked never taking her eyes off her book. "Oh, of course, I can't believe forgot!" she fumbled around the room trying to collect her things. It wasn't much since she was a very tidy person, one diffrence between her and Sherlock.

It took her all but forty-five minutes to pack her luggage with her belongings and relax on her bed. She looked at her bookbag every once in a while, wanting to look inside the files. Wanting to know the secrets within the cases. This kept going on for ten minutes and every time Amanda looked at her, she was staring at her bookbag.

One good thing about Amanda was that she wasn't one to pester much about things and gave Charlotte her personal space. She knew when it was alright to talk to her and when she was busy. It wasn't her buisness to know what was in the bag, but she knew whatever it was, she wasn't able to look and she knew Charlotte desperatley wanted to look inside.

"Well, I'm going to the restroom, I'll be back in fifteen minutes." Amanda said, getting up and taking her book with her. "Amanda, you do know that there is a-" "I understand, but I think I will go to the one across the hall. I will be back in no more than fifteen minutes, Charlotte," she said and glanced at the bookbag so she could get the hint. "It's all the time I think I will need, thank you," she said smiling. Amanda smiled and walked out the room and her timer began.

She got up and quickly locked the door so no one could walk in and disturb her. She opened her book bag and franticly took out the files. Three diffrent cases that she had to solve in three weeks before classes startded again, this shouldn't be that hard. She opened the case that was labeled 2390-Wagon Blood.