Chapter 17: Kidnapping a Holmes

This is what happened when Sherlock went into the closet, I would like to thank Animal_Crackers for suggesting the idea of doing a POV of Sherlock on what happened That Night. I originally didn't want to do it for some reasons but then I was like MEH JUST SOD IT!

* * * * *

Chapter 17: Kidnapping a Holmes

FLASHBACK

October 15, 1897

"Tell her that her daddy said 'You are always and forever will be, my brilliant little Holmes' please." I couldn't take it anymore, I knew what had to be done but I didn't want to go in. I smiled to Watson, trying to reassure him and myself that everything would be alright. He didn't seem too convinced, but he didn't question further. I knew eventually I would have to go in there, I wanted to make the last time I would see my loyal companion last as long as I could. I held on to the hand resting on my soulder for as long as I could before slowly grazing it off.

I turned around and opened the door to the closet, and closed it with a light slam behind me not looking back. I knew I never could. It was pitch black as I walked forward slowly. "Sherlock Holmes, it's a pleasure to finally meet you, well sort of," I heard a voice say, almost with a smirk in his voice. "Please, have a seat," I heard the voice say. "Where, on the floor?" How the hell could I find a chair in this- OOMPH! Found it.

"I see you've made yourself comfortable, now let's talk. Do you know why you're here?" he asked. "Obviously, the note you planted in my book was a decoded message. After decripting it, I didn't understand the message of 'Closet Pub' but after a while, I remembered there was a pub not far from where Watson and I had drinks at and I remembered looking at this very closet we are in. I simply could have disregarded the note but why would you plant it if you went through that trouble of putting it in there in the first place?"

He chuckled a bit. "I want to make a deal with you. I know it's one you can't refuse no matter how hard you try," he said. I nodded my head but it was dark, so I responded, "What kind of deal?"

"Your mind, it's a beautiful thing indeed. So full of intellegence, information, deduction. I'd like to have it, but theres a far better mind out there than yours, I'm sorry to say," he said, even though it was pitch black I felt him circle around me.

"Who's mind is far superior than mine?" I chuckled. He then leaned in close to my ear and whispered, "The one and only, Charlotte Holmes." I tried to get up from my seat and lunge at him but I was held back by a few pairs of strong hands. How DARE he mention the fact that he would even think about taking my daughter! "I swear to you, if you even get near her-" "But that's the thing Holmes, there will be no way you could get me. Do you want to know why?" he asked deviously.

I wanted nothing more than to beat him until he begged for mercy for even wanting to take her. "What do you want with my daughter?" I  grunted as the men still held me back. He chuckled for a while and then recollected himself. 

"Like you Holmes, I know her mind will mold to be just like your's because she is 'oh so fascinated' by her brilliant father. As she gets older, her mind will evolve quickly, like yours did, and she will be just like you. Who wouldn't like a brilliant mind like the great Sherlock Holmes'? Your daughter would make a perfect addition to my plan," he laughed

"Here is my deal to you, I won't take your daughter now if you take her place instead." "Then whats the point of keeping me if you don't want her now?" I spat. "I'll keep you for a good ten years, maybe twelve and then I'll take her. You can substitute for her while her mind is getting smarter and brilliant. Until then, she's safe." "And if I refuse?"

"Then I kill every person you love and bring them to you so you can watch me murder them slowly in front of you, your wife being first! After I kill everyone you love, aside from Charlotte, I take her and kill you in front of her," he threatened

Admittingly, this worried me. My family and friends would die in front of me and lastly I die in front of my daughter. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to feed you and take you out for walks...every once in a while. If you do refuse, I take you anyways and do as I promised. Your choice," he smirked.

What choice do I have? I had to make the deal, Charlotte's life depended on it and this would keep her safe for a while. "Alright. I'll do it," I surrendered. He laughed, "Excellent. Don't worry, visiting hours will be in ten to twelve years. Hmm, not that long if you ask me." 

The last thing I remembered was a cloth with intoxicating fumes being forced over my face and I tried to take it away from me, but no matter what I did, the grip on my face was strong. "Watson! Watson!" I shouted muffled cries through the cloth but he never entered. "Watson...." 

END OF FLASHBACK

* * * * *

I know the chapter is short and I'm really sorry, I just didn't have a lot of time to write this, hell, I wrote this while I was suppose to be doing my homework! But whatever, at least we know what happened to Sherlock in the closet. (teehee)

The question that I know will be in your mind is, 'How did the door relock itself and end up w/ nothing inside it again and how did they get out?'

Hell, I don't even know! through a secret door found in the bottom of the wooden floors maybe? You can have your ideas just plant it in your head and there you go, that's how it happened :)

-iam22345