Chapter 6: Holiday Homework

NEW CHAPTER!!!!! It's time for the epic reactions of Dr. John Watson and son :P Also, Hamish is going to be an assistant detective ^.^

* * * * *

Chapter 6: Holiday Homework

Hamish had a look of utter confusion on his face, but Watson, much like Lestrade, was furious and slightly shocked. Both knew Charlotte was one to do strange things for enjoyment, but solving a crime case was something beyond what any of them had expected.

"Charlotte, what the hell are you thinking?! More importantly, what in the world was Lestrade thinking? Hadn't he learned his goddamned lesson when it came to Holmes? He was missing because of this for Christ's sake and he is just going to let you walk out there, waiting for that lunatic to take you as well? How the hell do you even know about The Missing Kidnapper in the first place?" John was yelling, he slammed his fist against the carriage door and made the horses neigh a bit.

Hamish, still in shock, looked at his father in shock. He didn't really remember when was the last time his father had been angry, but he remembered what it did look like. Charlotte waited patiently for John to calm down to explain herself to the situation she had created. Maybe I should have started the conversation off with exam scores instead, she thought. John was breathing heavily and looked out the window for a bit, trying to collect himself.

"What's going on, if you don't mind me asking?" Hamish finally piped up. "I'm sorry Dr. Watson, but I was in your study a year or two ago, and I happened to come across your papers filed with the name 'Sherlock Holmes' in it. I was bored of course, and I started reading through the papers. I was fascinated by the adventures you two shared, it's amazing and I'm surprised you were able to put up with him for all of this time by the way!" she spoke. 

"Well, if I could put up with him, I wouldn't be surprised if Hamish wasn't able to stand you any less," John chuckled softly, still a bit infuriated. Charlotte cleared her throat and continued, "I read the last of your writings, it was labeled 'The Missing Kidnapper'. I knew that Sherlock was missing but I never knew why or how and after reading that, I understood. Mum always told me Sherlock was out working and he would be back soon. I was young, but I wasn't stupid.

"I only assumed that he was with another woman somewhere in England like everyone else said. But then you told me Sherlock may be arrogant, stuck up, and egotistic but he is anything but unfaithful. After I read your last story, I knew he was taken. I knew I had to find him, and find him I will." She looked at Hamish, baffled by what she just confessed and scoffed softly.

"That's what this was about? Finding your father who was missing for ten years? You could have told me Charlotte! I was worried about you, I honestly thought for a split second some boy actually broke your robotic little heart!" he said punching her softly in the arm. "Like I said Watson, I have no time to giggle with boys, I have more important manners to take care of." He hugged her tightly and she only laughed at the fact of how worried he actually was about her. "Oh Watson, you have nothing to fret, I'm Charlotte Holmes, remember?" They both laughed and John smiled. Like father, like daughter, he thought.

* * * * * 

They arrived at 221B Baker Street after a while longer. Hamish still thought it was ironic how his dorm number was the sam as his adress, but never really questioned it a lot. Ever since Holmes was taken, John only felt that his home shouldn't go to waste, so he moved back in and raised the kids there. They were greeted by Mary who pulled both of them in for a hug. Charlotte grabbed her luggage and put it in her room and closed the door behind her, she took out the files from her bookbag and reviewed them over again.

The next morning, there was a knock was on the door. She opened it to reveal Hamish with a tray of tea. She decided it would be time for a break and invited him in, she hadn't noticed she had been reviewing them all night. "What's that?" he motioned towards the files. "Lestrade told me in order to get my case, I had to solve three for it, just to see if I'm good enough to handle it," she said, mixing the sugar into he tea. "What are you working on right now?" he held up the bank robery case, looking through the file and trying to understand what was going on.

"I can't understand why they would return the gold the next day?" he asked. "When they got the gold back, they informed it was smothered in a clear type of liquid and sprayed with a chemical acid. What they didn't know was it was obviously duplicated. It's not gold, it's fake," she said, hoping he would catch on. "The chemicals in the 'gold' were made to clone it so the bankers wouldn't notice a thing! The real question is, where is the gold now?" she said, setting down her cup.

Charlotte looked at her map that was pinned to the wall. Her eyes were racing all over the map and finally, it stopped at her destination. "Got it!" she yelped excitedly. She wrote down an adress on a piece of paper and put it into the folder. "The warehouse, just south of Thames, that's where the gold is! Oh, clever them but not clever enough!" she laughed.

"How did you figure that out?" he asked in shock but he had to remember, this was Charlotte Holmes, no one ever knows what goes on in her funny little head, so leave it as that. She'd never really explain anyways. "Yes! One down, two to go," she smiled and took a bite out of one of their crumpets.

* * * * *

Yeah, not really good at planning out a clever case so just deal with the fact that Charlotte never has to explain herself because she is that smart and assumes everyone knows how obvious it is. Unlike Sherlock, who has the decency of at least explaining what happened! Oh well, deal with it :)

-iam22345