Chapter 20: The Game

Its going to be a life or death for information situation hehe that rhymed :P If this chapter looks somewhat familiar, it's because it is, I adapted it from The Hobbit, where Bilbo does riddles in order to get out. But OMG I might see the midnight premier of Desolation of Smaug next week :D I am just too excited I love Martin and Benedict too much <3

* * * * *

Chapter 20: The Game

Charlotte was woken up by a screeching yell of pain in the middle of the night, she was startled, it came so suddenly. It echoed the halls and reached the inside of her cell. Faintly audible, but just enough to be heard. It went on like this for ten minutes and she was shivering, nothing but yells of pain. She didn't want to know what was happening on the other side of the cell walls, but all she was hoping for was that it wasn't Hamish and that it would stop.

It didn't stop, and it was Hamish. She started to sob when she heard him call her name as clear as day after ten more minutes of yelling. It didn't stop for a while longer. "I'm so sorry, I am so sorry, Hamish please! I'm sorry! Let him out, let him go, STOP!" she sobbed against the door. "Please, stop it, let him out, he didn't do anything, PLEASE!" she begged and suddenly, he stopped yelling.

She sobbed uncontrollably and pounded against the door for some time. Eventually she closed her eyes but never slept. She only feared for the worst.

The door was suddenly jolted open and Hamish was thrown on the floor, battered up with bruises, cuts and blood. "Oh, Hamish!" she ran towards the limp body. "I'm so sorry, I thought you would have been dead!" she sobbed against his bloody shirt. "I'm here, don't worry. I'm right here." he breathed heavily on her and rocked her back and forth.

She looked up at an emotionless Alexander Flinch and she stared at him with eyes that burned with hatred. "You had no right to touch him, you animal!" she spat, eyes red from lack of sleep and tears. "I never asked for your permission. Besides, it was either him or you, we had so much fun together, didn't we Hamish?" he knelt down grinned evily at them. She spat in his face and cursed at him.

He wiped the spit off of his face and told his men to pick him up again. They did as he said and dragged him away, with his yells of pain following him. "You should have heard him last night, nice little pet isn't he? I can see why you Holmes' like them Watson boys, oh so loyal to their master. I honestly asked him nicely if he knew where that inspector and doctor were at, but he simply refused to tell me anything.

"I just gave him a few slaps with a knife here and there until he begged me to stop. You know what I told him?" he asked, kneeling down to her on the floor. "I said, do you know what I told him?" he grabbed her face so she could look at him. "Eyes on me, Holmes! Better, now, where was I? Oh yes, I told him to scream your name. Scream your name as loudly as he can. Charlotte Holmes would come in to save him any moment because just like him, she's loyal to you too. He screamed and shouted your name to come and save him, you never did!" he laughed. Tears were pouring out of her eyes, then he slapped her across the face.

"MAN UP HOLMES! Boy, if your father was here to see you now, do you think he would comfort you? Does daddy's little angel need a hug?" he mocked. "Tough shit, your daddy isn't here, I am. After breakfast, we'll play our little game. How does that sound?" he asked. She quivered and nodded her head slightly. He smiled and left, a few moments later, breakfast arrived. She ate her meal and waited patiently for him to return.

* * * * *

The men in black came to retrieve her and she was dragged out the cell and into the hall, turning many corridors and climbing up many stairs until they got to a big room. There, Flinch was waiting in the middle of the room with Hamish in the back, next to a bigger man holding a gun to his head.