Chapter 23

I didn't sleep. All i could think about was what Elijah said. I did love Klaus. I do love Elijah. I needed to talk to someone, but who? I didn't really have a lot of friends right now. I wanted to talk to someone so i called Rebekah. She was the one person I had trusted my entire life. "I do love Elijah, i honestly do, but he isn't wrong about Klaus," I told her. "You deserve to be happy, Katy. If you love one of my brothers you have to turn the other away." I took a deep breath and Rebekah grabbed my hand, " You need to take time to make a proper decision, Katy. Don't make your decision out of fear or sadness. Make sure you make a decision for your happiness." I smiled at her and said, "Thank you, Rebekah." We ate lunch and tried to talk about anything other than what was going in around us.

I decided i would go to the compound. I was tired and decided to take a nap. I went up to my room and tried to sleep, but I couldn't. I was starting to think my sleeping problem wasn't just about Elijah's comment. I suddenly heard someone talking. I turned to see Kol. "Kol? What is going on? It's Esther, isn't it?" But he wasn't answering. I looked at him and kept trying to get his attention. I saw Elijah a minute later. They were discussing something. "Is this a dream?" i whispered to myself. "Katy?" i turned to see Klaus at my door," Are you alright?" "Yeah, I'm fine. I just thought i saw something. What's going on?" I asked. "I just wanted to check on you," he sounded shockingly sincere. "I'm alright. Thank you." He walked out. I don't know what that was but every time I am close to him, it's strange. "God, I feel like Elena," I said to myself. I don't know what to do. I tried to sleep again and this time it worked.