Chapter 25

"Hayley, I don't love him. I did once but that was a long time ago." "Can you honestly sit here and tell me that you don't have any feeling for him?" "I didn't say that. I do care for him, but not in that way. I can't." "What do you mean you can't?" she asked. "Nothing. This conversation is over." I walked away and went to my room. I closed the door and locked it. I didn't want anyone to bother me. I knew what I meant. I did love him. I love Elijah with all my heart and I would never hurt him, but I also know that he loves Hayley, no matter how much he denies it. But I can't love Klaus. I am scared if I do, the witches will find a way to kill them. All of them, and make me live forever knowing that because i loved him I killed everyone else I had loved. I wanted to be alone so I decided to go to the church where Cami's uncle and brother used to work. No one ever came here because everyone thought it was haunted. I wasn't one to believe in God, but I needed to think there was someone who could protect me. I was terrified of Esther and what she could do especially with the elder beside her. I sat there for once not knowing what to do. "A church is where you decided to hide?" I heard a voice beside me. I turned to see Oliver. "You scared me. What do you want?" I asked. "I went to ask Hayley where you were and she said she didn't know." "So how'd you find me?" He came and sat beside me. "I know you. You are the only one who would be hiding out in an abandoned church." I laughed a little and he looked at me. "What's going on?" he asked me. "I really don't want to talk about it, Ollie."
"You used to talk to me about everything."
"We also used to be a couple. Things change."
"We are still friends, Katy."
"Alright, you really want to know? Everyone thinks I love Klaus and I think I might but the witches scare me and-"
"Wait, you're scared of the witches? Why ?"
I stood up and walked around because I was starting to feel anxious, "No, it's the elders and Klaus's mother, they are dead and would do anything to make sure that I don't reach my full potential which involves Klaus and they don't want me to love him." I started to get upset and the walls began to shake. Oliver stood and grabbed me by the shoulders, "Katy, breathe." I tried and I started to take deep breaths. I started feeling calm. "Are you alright?" he asked. I looked at him and responded, "I don't know." "Maybe you should get some rest," he said. "I'm fine Ollie. I don't want to go back there. I can't be near them." I started to get upset and cry a little. "Hey, don't cry," he said wiping my face. "I'll just stay here. Davina used to live upstairs so I can stay up there." I was just noticing how very close Ollie and I were standing. I took a step back and started upstairs. He grabbed my wrist, "Katy, are you going to be alright?" I nodded, but didn't make eye contact. "Katy, look at me." I didn't move. He stepped towards me, "Katy," he pulled my head up to look at him. "Do you want me to stay?" he asked. "Yeah." I walked upstairs and Ollie followed. "Think I'm going just go to bed and I'll go home in the morning." "I'll sleep over here." Ollie walked over to the small couch that was very dusty, but then again so was everything up here. I started to shake of the sheets to get the dust off. "Ollie," I said. "Yeah?" "Thank you for staying." "A chance to sleep in the same room as you again? No thanks necessary." I laughed at his comment. "You're still an idiot." "Can I ask you a question?" he asked in a more serious tone. "Of course."
"Why did you leave? You went with Marcel and left us, me." "I don't know. I didn't want to but I didn't know what happened at first. I thought you left me. Then I realized what Marcel had done and it was too late." "But you never came back."
"Ollie, when I did come back you were mad at me. I had to talk to Jackson and he had to tell you everything because you didn't believe me." I sighed and told him, "I never would have let him do that to any of your clan, especially you, but I want strong enough to stop him or undo the spell and I'm so sorry." He got up and walk towards me. "You were the only person who was straight with me and didn't use me. You didn't care that I was different, and I let him do that to you. I'm so sorry Oliver, I'm so sorry." I was again and he pulled me into a hug. "It's not your fault, Katy." He was stroking my hair as I kept my face buried in his chest. "Katy, you're strong and fierce and you can kick anyone's ass who gets in your way, that's why I loved you. So, as much as you don't want to hear it and I don't want to say it, and believe me I don't, if you love Klaus, you have a right to be happy. You don't have to be afraid of anyone, dead or alive." I laughed and said, " I think Jack is rubbing off on you, with all his pep-talks." He laughed and said, "Get some sleep." He walked back over to the couch and I laid down and pulled the sheet atop of me and drifted off to sleep.
I opened my eyes and saw Kol. "What's going on?" I asked him. "Esther is trying to keep your power suppressed. Katy you have to find a way to beat her." "I may have way," I told him and suddenly I was awake. 
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=Hello my dears. I sincerely and deeply apologize for the long wait. I feel terrible for taking so long but I once again had writers block. And I apologize also apologize for the not so great chapter. I am leading up to something I promise. Enjoy my lovelies.