Chapter 31

Two months later....
Daliah was finally gone. It was over. Hope was safe until the next lunatic came along to get revenge or something, but my fight was over. I made the deal with Klaus that I was leaving after Daliah was dead. I had my stuff packed and was about to get into my car to go. Hayley came and told me goodbye as did Rebekah and Marcel. lol was a sight for sore eyes and he come to tell me goodbye as well. Elijah was one that looked so sad to see me leave. I loved him and I would do anything for him but I needed a change. Matt stole my heart long ago when we first met and I had to spend what time I could with him. "Where is he?" I asked Elijah. "Where do you think? He couldn't say goodbye again." I drove up to the now abandoned bayou and looked around calling out for Klaus. I found him standing by the water. "Nik," I called. "Aren't you supposed to be leaving to go live a happy life?" He always had to be such an ass. "You really weren't going to say goodbye to me? You're that much of a dick?" "What do you want me to say?" He said turning to face me. "I'm going to miss you? I wish you would stay?"  I didn't answer him because I felt that it was a rhetorical question. He started walking towards me and he continued speaking, "Well I'm not going to. Because I shouldn't have to. If it were up to me I'd never let you leave. Every time I find you I seem to just lose you again. You are the best thing I've ever had. You make me strive to be a  better version of myself. And I don't know if I can do any of this without you." He was starting to yell. He stopped speaking and just looked at me.  I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I didn't know how to react to his response. I knew he cared about me but not like this. I wanted to hug him but he turned away. "Goodbye, Niklaus." I turned and started to walk to my car. I suddenly had a doubt. Do I really want to leave? Klaus and I were still linked. I knew I would have to find a way to break it, but was that what I wanted? I couldn't deny what he and I had. Matt may have my heart but he has everything else. Matt made me happy. I love him more than anything. He was the literal light of my life. But Klaus was, mine. I don't know how to explain it to you. I turned around and walked back towards him. He was still standing there. He was skimming rocks on the lake. I walked to him and he started talking, "What do you wa-." My lips crashed into his. It was passionate. He dropped his rocks and wrapped his arms around my waist. His lips moved in perfect sync with mine. I could feel a fire light inside every time he touched me. I couldn't help but wonder if he felt it too. After a few minutes of this I put my hand on his chest and looked down with my forehead resting on his chin. I tried to slow my breathing. I could feel the heat coming off his body. I looked up at him and said, "Goodbye." "Until we meet again, love," he said placing a kiss on my forehead. I turned and walked away as quickly as I could. I got in the car a drive off. He will always be a part of my life but his part would have to wait. I pulled up to Tyler's old house in Mystic Falls. I got out of my car and ran to Matt who was standing there waiting for me. He caught me in a tight bear hug. He loosened his hug and kiss me. This was were I wanted, no, where I needed to be. We were ready to start this new life. We knew thee would be trouble because, well look at where we are, but we didn't care. I stopped using magic but continued to find a way to break the linking spell between Klaus and I. I met with other witches and some offered their help others didn't.
I was happy here with Matt. Not a day went by were I didn't miss New Orleans though.
About 6 months after looking and nearly giving up hope to find a spell or a gem or anything that would work, I got a call from a witch name Sarah in New York. She was my savior. She found a spell and sent me a list of everything I'd need. It was a lot of blood basically.
-my blood
-Klaus's blood
-doppelgänger blood
-witch blood
-the blood of the one I love most
And some other witchy items. Sarah came to Mystic falls to help with the spell. I had to go to Klaus. I needed his blood. Matt didn't want me to go alone but I needed to. "I'll be back in a few days," I told him. "Just be careful, please." Lay a kiss on his lips and I said, "I love you." "I love you," he responded. It had been six months since we saw each other. I didn't know what to except.