Chapter 24

For the first time in months i had actually gotten a good nights sleep. I went and took a shower and got some clean clothes. I heard someone arguing so i walked down stairs to see what was going on. I saw Elijah and Hayley. "What's going on," I asked. "We believe the witches are trying to kill the baby," Elijah said. "Okay what else is new?" I asked, "and shouldn't Klaus be a part of this conversation?" "He's a little busy." "With what?" I asked. No one would answer me so I took it upon myself to go and find out. I started walking up to his room and I heard Elijah and Hayley told him to just let me go. I knocked on the door. No answer. "Klaus?" I called knocking on the door again. The door opened and it was Genevieve. My eyes widened. "Can we help you?" I was at a loss for words. Klaus came up behind her and saw me. I literally couldn't say anything. "Katy," Hayley called. I didn't respond. The next thing I knew Elijah was beside me and he put his arm around me and said, "Come on." I turned and walked with him and then I found the words I was looking for. "WHAT IN THE HELL!!!!"I turned around to go back and Elijah grabbed me, "Don't." "Why is that bitch even here? He does remember that she tried to kill like all of us?" "He thinks she'll be useful." "With what?!" I was really mad about this, but it wasn't because the slept together, it was because, Well, I just don't like her. And maybe the fact they slept together and that does anger me, but not for the reasons you think. "I think i need some air." I walked away and Hayley came with me. "You okay?" she asked. "I'm not mad they slept together, it's just the fact that she tried to kill him, you, Marcel, Rebekah, Elijah, me. It just doesn't make sense to me." "And?" she said. "And what?" i asked genuinely confused. "Katy, you know you can say how you feel about him," she paused and grabbed my hand, "That you love him." "But i don't. Maybe I did once but that changed. I love Elijah. When I'm with Klaus it's different, strange, but with Elijah I'm genuinely happy." "That feeling you get with Elijah may be love, but the feeling you get with Klaus is too. Just a different kind. And you dont want to admit that to yourself becuase it scares you. You know you love Elijah and you know that if you say you love Klaus you'll lose him." It was true. Everything she just said was true. I love Elijah more than i ever thought i could love someone, but that feeling with Klaus is so strange and I want more of it. "Hayley, I don't know what I am going to do." She hugged me and said, "No matter what you choose I will be there for you."