The beginning of Ry (chidhood mem.)

Max POV
I was in my dog-crate, talking to Fang, when they wheeled her in. In a large dog crate sat a girl with dark brown hair, peach skin, hazel (almost silver) eyes, and freckles. She looked terrified, didn't blame her.
      "Put it anywhere." A woman with frizzy black hair demanded.
      "Is it even going to live?" A man with shaggy red hair asked. "Considering what they did to it, probably not. Not our problem anyways."
      "I'm not an it!" The girl yelled in anger. "Shut up." The man demanded kicking her cage.
      After awhile of silence, "Are you okay?" I finally asked. She looked up at me, her eyes puffy and dried tears streamed down her face. "I'm fine." She said her voice cracking, obviously lying. "Where are we?" She asked.
      "The School. A science facility prison. Mutants are created here all the time." Fang answered.
      Fang and I unfolded our wings to show her. Mine, brown at the top, white feathers faded at the bottom. My primary feather had a strip of black at the bottom. Fang's were-beautiful-solid black.
       She gasped and then she lifted her wings. They were half a foot longer than ours. The top of the convert feathers were mostly gray, the lower coverts are  mostly white with speckled black and brown feathers. There was a thin line of dark brown feathers under the speckled ones. Under the thin line of dark brown feathers were black secondary and primary feathers. The primary feathers had a thin white strip on them.
      They were absolutely gorgeous.
      After awhile we filled her in on our life at the School. We introduced her to Nudge and she absolutely loved her.
      Iggy was thrown back into his cage. We tried to get him to tell us what happened but he was crying to much to tell us.
      We were all silent then the girl gasped. "H-he's blind!" She said shaken.
      "WHAT!" Fang and I screeched. Nudge started crying. "Iggy?" The girl asked calmly with a teary face. Iggy just stared blankly at the cage floor and started crying. "I'm...blind." He said in between gasp.
       Four hours passed and I finally asked the three questions to the girl that I was dying to ask her. "Three questions." I said to the girl. She looked up, "Okay, shoot." She said. "How did you know Iggy was blind?" I asked first. She shrugged, "I don't ...really know. I looked into his eyes and I could see what happened to him. They tried to give him better eye sight, but as you can see, failed."
      I swallowed trying to hold back my tears. "How old are you?" I asked. "Seven." She answered. "You?" She asked. "Fang, Iggy, and I are seven and Nudge is four. Well, that's how old we think we are, we don't really know our birth dates." I responded. "Oh..." She said knowing we've been here all our lives. "What's your name? You know ours now. What's yours?" I asked.
      She looked down at her feet. "I...don't remember." She said confused.
      We sat there in silence...
       "You can come up with a name. I named myself, so did Fang, Iggy, and Nudge." I said trying to cheer her up. Well, as cheered up a person can be in a prison with sycho scientist.
       "Ry. I'll name myself Ry. Ry, short for Rylee Avia." She said. "Okay, Ry. Can I ask you one more question?" I asked. Ry nodded. "What did they do to you? They said they doubt you would-" "live." Ry said cutting me off, finishing my sentence. She didn't cry, she just shrugged.
       "I'm sure I'll be okay though." She said with a faint grin trying to assure me.