Black Fingerless Gloves

We sat in the small room in silence. I looked over to Ry who was still freaking out when someone tried to touch her. She was pacing across the room giving herself some sort of pep talk.

"Okay. Okay. I can do it just...focus on the energy." She whispered. "Duck." She warned bluntly. We immediately ducked.  She shot lightning out of her hands hitting the door. The hinges on the door were fried and the door just fell. "Cool." Gazzy awed. I picked up Phoenix and we all ran out the room.

The sirens screamed out and Whitecoats were after us with tasers. We ran to the Windows at the end of the hall. I made a quick transition, handing Phoenix to Iggy. I jumped out the window, breaking the glass, covering my head with my arms.

"Ry!" Angel hollered. I looked back to see Ry being hit by a taser but it had no affect on her. She shot him with lightning along with others. "Keep going! Meet me at the cave with the hawk nest!" She hollered. How'd she know about that? Whatever, not important. She ran into a room. We flew towards the hawk cave.

We landed and I took a sleeping Phoenix from Iggy. I sat against the cave wall and watched the hawks. I cradled my sleeping baby, Phoenix. She tried staying up at the school and somehow succeeded. But I knew she would be out like a light as soon as possible. And I also know everyone is starving.

"Maaaaaaaaax. I'm hungry." Gazzy whined. "I know, bud. But we have to wait." I said quietly.

We waited hours and hours. Not leaving the cave. Fang sat down beside me. My eyes felt like bricks were on them. The others already have fallen asleep. I looked at Nudge, Banshee, Angel, and Silver all curled up together fast asleep. Iggy was laying down by the fire we made and Gazzy was sprawled out on top of him. I looked at my ring finger where my rings were suppose to be, angry by the people who took them.

I looked up at Fang who was stroking my hair. "Go to sleep, Max." He whispered in my ear. I didn't hesitate and did as he told me.

I heard something crash in our cave. Everyone jerked awake to the sound.

"Sorry." Ry muttered. I sighed in relief at the sight of her. Banshee and Silver ran up and hugged her. "Why did you stay there." Nudge asked.

"To get these." She said holding out her hand that had my wedding and engagement rings and Fang's wedding band. "Thank you." I said gleefully.

I noticed her black fingerless gloves. "What's up with those?" I asked motioning to her gloves. "So I don't hurt y'all." She said. Her hazel eyes now had electric blue plecs.

I remembered the lightning that shot out of her hands.

"Ha. I'm not even 100% of something living." She laughed sadly. "So your just 1% of just...energy?" Banshee asked. Ry nodded.

Just energy.