Traitor

We invited Jaden in. We sat him down and told him to explain what's going on. I sat down on the couch, Fang sitting beside me and Phoenix in my lap. Angel sat on the other side of me, Nudge sat beside Ry. Gazzy and Iggy sat on a sofa and Total sat in a chair with Akila. Jaden sat in a chair.

"When the house caught on fire. Ry, do you remember that dark figure that showed up and you turned into a wolf to protect us from it?" Jaden asked. Ry squeezed her eyes shut and rested her face in her hands. "I...don't remember most of what happened that day. I remember being burned, being thrown out the window in wolf-avian form and hitting something and everything going black." Ry said sounding defeated. Nudge rubbed her back trying to comfort her.

Ry stood up and started pacing. "I can show you." Angel said. "Huh?" Jaden asked. "She can...read minds...like me." Ry explained to him. "Cool. Can she feel what others feel like you?" He asked. "No. Not that I know of anyways." Ry said. "Show me, Angel." Ry requested. Angel closed. Ry's eyes glowed and went white.

Ry stumbled back and caught herself with the dining table. Iggy and Nudge shot up. "Are you okay?" Iggy asked helping her up. "Jaden who was that?" She asked instead of answering Iggy. "I don't know." He sighed.

I looked down at Phoenix who was glaring at Jaden. This put me on alert. "Jaden, how did you find us?" I asked. He was silent. "I have a mission." He said grimly, standing up. We all stood up on guard. Everyone's hands curled into fist. "What's your mission?" Fang asked standing in front of me and Phoenix. "To bring...two," he held onto what he had to eliminate as he turned into a mutant. A mutant with snow, white skin, white hair, black veins, jagged sharp teeth, and red eyes. This just gone south real quick.

We all darted outside and Jaden, chasing us, followed. "Lupine-avian hybrids back to the School." Jaden finished. His eyes flew to Banshee and Silver. "No!" Ry yelled jumping in the air, turning into her wolf-bird form. She stood protectively in front of Banshee and Silver.

"Why them?" Ry demanded. "Because that's what the school wants. There wanting Banshee for her scream and Silver for her silver streak." He explained. Twit.

"What silver streak? I don't have silver streaks." Silver said confused. "Or so you thought." Jaden said grimly. Before I knew what was happening, Ry attacked Jaden.

Then Ry turned into her human-avian form. The fight stopped. Dead silence. Ry studied her hands. "How-how did you do that?" She asked scared. "I froze your ability to form." He explained. Then he shot ice out of his hands, hitting Silver and Banshee. "No!" Ry screamed. "Oh and also, I was the shadow in the house. I started the fire. I'm not Jaden.  Jaden is very much dead." He said grimly. "Nudge! Angel! Gazzy! Take Phoenix and run!" I demanded, handing Phoenix to Nudge. They did as told and all heck broke loose.

Ry was the most angry so she wanted to be the one to take the kill. She grabbed him by the throat and picked him up. "When will they unfreeze!" Ry demanded. "Them, no time soon. Your ability to transform, tomorrow." He smirked. "What will happen to them?" Ry questioned. "If the school takes them, they will live. They will unfreeze them and when that happens, they'll be turned into soldiers at the school and wont have  a care in the world about you. If they stay, they'll simply freeze to death." He explained grimly.

Ry looked over at Sil and Banshee. She dropped the traitor on the ground and ran to the two frozen girls. There skin was smooth ice as well as the rest of them. They looked like how they did before just frozen.

"You can take them. But I will get them back." Ry warned. Tears falling from her eyes. "I love y'all. I'm doing this so you'll live. You know I wouldn't do this if it was something different. I love y'all." Ry said. Choppers came through the air and dropped beside us. "Also, the Flock gets to live in peace with this trade." Jaden smirked. "Wait, can you heal them?" Iggy asked. Ry shook her head,"Almost everything. This involves death. I can't." Ry explained in defeat.

The Whitecoats put Banshee and Silver in the chopper and flew off. Ry sank to her knees and cried.

After an hour of watching Ry cry, we tried to get her in the house. We helped her up and let go of her arms and she fell right back down. Nudge handed me Phoenix. Fang and Iggy helped Ry in the house. They put her in her room and closed the door.

Days past and Ry never came out of her room. The house was gloomy. Nudge and Angel were upset and cried. They became really close friends.

I knocked on Ry's closed bedroom door. "Ry, come on out. You need to eat." I said sympathetically. "I'm fine." She said, her voice muffled. I opened her door. She sat there with a picture frame and backpack. "Where are going?" I asked worried. "To save the rest of my family." She said in a duh tone. "By yourself?" I asked. "Looks like it." She smirked.

We both walked into the living room. The rest of the flock had backpacks on and mom was holding Phoenix.

"We do this together. As a family." I told Ry.  She smiled.

Time for a new mission.