Baby Phoenix

I, Maximum Ride, am a mom. I hold my newborn daughter with wings in my arms. Fang sits beside me on the bed with his arm around me. I stare at my beautiful baby girl. She has Fang's black hair and wings. She has my melted chocolate brown eyes and my skin tone. I rub my baby's face with my thumb. "What will we name her?" Fang asks. I thought for a second. "Phoenix. Phoenix Raven Ride." I said kissing her fore head.

"Max? The kids want to see you." My mom says peeking through the door. "Y'all can come in." I said. She motions them to come in. Nudge and Angel come in first and hold in a squeal. Iggy looks at her in awe and Gazzy smiles. Ella stands beside my mom and giggles at something she said. "What?" I ask. "Nothing. I just said I'm a grandma." She smirks. I stifled a laugh.

"Can I hold her?" 8-year-old (almost 9)Angel ask. She sits down beside me on the bed, I hand her my baby and put my arm her to make sure she doesn't drop her. Angel looks at her and I see a tear drop on her pink shirt. "What's wrong?" I ask her. "I guess you have a new baby." She chokes. She starts crying into my shirt. "Oh Angel, you will always be my baby. No matter what." I hug her. I take Phoenix from her arms and hand her to Fang. I hug my other baby until she calms down. I let everyone hold her until it comes back to me.

I start having trouble keeping my eyes shut and Fang seems to notice. "Guys. Let's let Max get some sleep." Fang says. I hand him Phoenix and watch everyone leave. Fang comes back and sits beside me. He pulls me close to him and scratches my back in between my wings. I fall asleep in his embrace.

When I woke up Fang wasn't beside me. I looked at my nightstand at the pictures Fang has given me a year ago. I walked down the stairs to see the flock moving about. Fang's eyes locked on me. He was holding our baby girl. I walked up to him and kissed him on the cheek. "Hey baby." I whispered to little Phoenix. She squealed. I picked her up from Fang's arm. I bounced and cradled her small body. I never knew I would carry something so fragile. Something so precious. "You've been asleep for 32 hours." Fang smirked. "Dang." I smirked. He wrapped his arms around my waist. We watched as Phoenix cooed. She played with my lose hair and picked at the locket around my neck.

I thought about when Ry came back and realized how much she's missed. My wedding. My daughter. How much Banshee and Sil have grown. The house. Was she in trouble? "Silver? Can you read Ry's mind from this distance?" I asked. Her eyes widened. " I haven't thought of that. Give me a sec." She said.

"She's different. She keeps thinking 'protect them. Do what they say.'" Silver said. "Do you think she's in trouble?" Nudge asked. "Don't know." I said looking back down at my newborn daughter. "Cause if she is she could be being tortured with needles and chains and-and" Nudge said and got cut off by a knock on the door. It wasn't the secret knock we told my mom and them so instinct took over and we hid. Fang stood by the door, I sat behind the couch with Gazzy, Angel, and Nudge. Iggy stood around the corner with a bomb. Silver and Banshee hid behind the kitchen counter holding frying pans for weapons.

Fang peeked through the curtain and let out a breathe of relief. "No ones there. Just a letter marked to Flock from... Ry." Fang said swinging the door open. He handed me the letter. I gave Phoenix to Nudge who whimpered at first but was calmed down when Nudge cradled her to sleep. I read aloud the note

"Dear Flock,
I'm still keeping my promises to y'all. It's taking longer than expected but it's to keep y'all safe. I'm guessing Max is the one reading this. I'm letting them use me for experiments and test and all that crap. There continuing what they didn't get to finish before you escaped. I snuck out of the school and personally put this by the door. I had to leave before I got caught. Im doing what they say to keep you safe. I have to protect y'all. I can't lose any more of my family. I'll die before that happens. When I come back I plan on bringing Iris with me. As her old self. Safe self. Do not come after me. Stay. Safe.
I'll be back soon.
Love, Ry. "