Prologue

Louis Tomlinson sat in his chair, surrounded by all the grandeur he could ever need. In his hand he held the stem of a wine glass, the crimson liquid never touched his lips; he hated the taste but loved the way it made him seem. It made him look like he had class and intelligence- a contradiction to the person inside.

"Sir, we have a proposal for you," the silence that Louis craved for was interrupted by the sound of one of his incompetent servants entering his study.

"That is?" Louis despised everything about those that worked for him, the poor made him want to gag.

"Threats of rebellion force us to act brashly," the servant stammered knowing that it would be him that would be shouted at by the man sat in front of him, "Your advisors think it best if you marry a girl from a poorer village. It will improve your image with those that are posing most danger."

Louis mulled over the idea, staring at the servant who was looking down at the ground to avoid his master's notorious 'death glare'. As much as the dictator hated the filthy paupers that infiltrated his streets, he hated the thought of his power being taken away more.

"Do my advisors not think I can handle a few rebellious village folk?" Louis spat harshly, still considering the idea despite it's disgusting nature. The thought of having an heir with someone as uncivilised as those that lived in the squat holes known as villages made bile rise up his throat.

"We are talking thousands Sir," the messenger wiped away the beads of sweat that had appeared on his forehead.

"So be it then, find me a bride," Louis hated to admit it, but the thought of thousands opposing him was enough to make him agree to anything.

Left again in silence, the dictator took a sip from the alcohol in his glass and drank it despite his wariness towards the liquid. Standing up, he brushed his suit down and walked over to the drawer of his desk; checking behind him he reached inside to pull out the small pot of white pills that he kept stashed away. Swallowing one, he closed his eyes and pictured his bride; he couldn't help imagining a swamp monster standing beside him on the wedding aisle.

"That won't happen," he whispered to himself, before slowly placing the pills away and shutting the drawer away from prying eyes.

So I have some disclaimers:

1. This is my idea but of course there may be stories similar- I do not have the intention to plagiarise.

2. This is a story containing many adult themes such as: death, drugs, sex, murder etc.

3. The world this story is set in is very much like the one in the 18th century Britain, where the poor and the rich are divided into two separate social groups. A lot of the jobs are very Victorian, and so is some of the relationships and that whole dynamic. However this story is set in the year 2063, it is just like a mixture of the past and the present.

4. Louis is a bit of a jerk (actually he's horrible) in this so if you don't want to read that then I wouldn't recommend this story.

5. Words Louis will be called in this: Louis, dictator and leader (maybe ruler)

6. The way Louis is depicted in this is not reflecting any of who he really is- this is an alternate universe fanfic.

I am really excited to write this, I've had this idea for a while but never got round to writing it.

Please vote and give feedback if you enjoyed! :)