17

Date: 10.03.2063

The dictator woke to more bad news, Jane had not been found. Louis had been bombarded with this information for the past few days, countless servants had entered his chamber only to tell him the thing that he dreaded the most. Jane had disappeared, and was still untraceable. A pounding headache throbbed in his brain, shattering his skull and forced him to grab for his water. Gulping the liquid down, he stood up with shaky legs and went over to his leather chair where he spent a majority of his days smoking a pipe or joint.

"Stupid bitch," he muttered as he sucked on the end of his cigarette, tasting the sweet tobacco on his tongue. There was something so infuriating about Jane's escape, she had managed to outsmart someone who believed he was the most intelligent, devious person on the planet.

The house was silent, nobody dared speak in case they aggravated Louis who was in a worse mood than he usually was- the man was trigger happy and that was not a good thing. Liam acted no differently to the other servants, he kept his head down to cover the grin that was spread across his face- at least his plan worked.

Thumping his fist on the arm of his chair, Louis tried to shake the embarrassment that followed his wife's escape; he had been teased by his friends, he had laughed at the jokes but internally there was a raging fire that burned endlessly. He had been annoyed by the girl, but now he despised her with every fibre of his body. Even if she did return, he wasn't sure that she would keep her pretty head. She was a lot of work for just a good fuck, something he could get with many more, submissive women.

"Why did I even choose her in the first place?" The dictator asked himself, thinking back to that day almost as if it was years before despite the small time frame. There was something about Jane that was intriguing, he realised then that what made her different was her attitude. She was disobedient, disorderly and generally unfit to marry a man of such power and ego.

Pouring a glass of whiskey, he embraced the strong smell and downed the liquid without even thinking. He had kept himself intoxicated since Jane left, mainly so he didn't have to think so much- he liked not having to think. Some would say that his impressive power was too much pressure on his weary soul, others would say that he deserved everything he got. There was always a grey area when it came to Louis, was he really evil? Or just misunderstood?

Most people would tell you the first, his actions were enough to give him a life imprisonment in Hell's darkest dungeons, but there was something about the man that made you question. His character was so harsh, yet those who knew him could see through the façade- even Jane could tell there was some unspoken secret about the man.

Leaning against his window, Louis looked out into his garden which was already becoming overgrown since the absence of a gardener. He did not regret killing Harry, but it was a loss that was slightly harder to take than the other lives that Louis had taken. Harry gave the dictator a sense of companionship and ,despite the fact that pair rarely talked, the dictator had always had a soft spot for the curly haired boy.

"Where are you Jane?" The mention of her name made him curl his fingers into a fist, "Are you dead? Or at least close to dying?"

A sudden knock at the door made Louis start and he turned around to see the scared face of a servant, usually he basked in the fear of those he considered less than himself but that day he could not focus on anything but the hate he felt for Jane.

"Sir, you have a meeting soon," the servant stumbled over his words and looked down at the floor, afraid to look the terrifying man in the eye.

"Where do you think Jane is?" Louis asked and the servant looked up in surprise at the odd question. Of course there had been speculation amongst the servants but none of them had thought very hard about Jane, she was just a lady that spent a very small amount of time in the palace. No one had a very strong connection with her.

"I'm not sure Sir-" Louis waved his hand at the servant dismissively, unimpressed with the answer.

"Tell me where you think she is," the leader barked at the poor boy who was trembling, afraid of the consequences of Louis' anger.

"Probably dead Sir. She can't survive on her own, she is a weak girl. She needed someone like you, she was a fool to throw away the opportunity you gave her," the servant was not speaking his mind but saying the words that he knew his master would want to hear, the ones that would cut their interaction short.

"Good answer," Louis said slowly, watching the servant with narrowed eyes. Dismissing the boy, Louis turned around and watched the world outside his window. Opening a drawer he pulled out his pot of pills and took a few, placing them on the hot surface of his tongue. Swallowing them, he closed his eyes and waited for them to take their effect.

The man was insane by many people's definition, he was obbessed in taking back what was 'rightfully his' and that included Jane. Love played no part in his games, love had no place in a place that held as much sin as Lucifer's dwelling.