20

Date: 16.03. 2063

Louis opened his eyes to see a lady laying next to him, the filthy whore meant nothing to him and was only used as a distraction from the ever worsening situation with Jane. He was furious to find out that she had the audacity to speak out against him, that she had the confidence to show her face after the level of betrayal she had committed.

Kicking the woman out of his bed, he was left alone in the silent room and was allowed to think. He had sent his men out to scour the area for her but none had succeeded, which only infuriated him more. Even his own men were incapable of a simple task, it seemed to him that he was the only person that was able to do anything.

"Sir, your prescription is here," the servant mumbled from the doorway and Louis turned to face the young man with a snarled lip and icy glare. No wonder the dictator had been so angry, his pill supply had been awfully small.

"Leave it on the table and go," Louis swatted the man away before sitting down in his chair and lighting a cigar, trying to lift his foul mood. He hated feeling so vulnerable, Jane was single handedly destroying all he had worked so hard for. First she wounded his pride, and then went on to criticize him in front of his own people! To him, she was committing treason by just breathing, by just living to see the sun rise.

I need a pill, Louis thought to himself and he slowly stood up, feeling his joints click. His body was stiff, he had been so tense for the past few days; every day Jane wasn't found was another day of misery for him. He just wanted the damn woman to come home so he could punish her.

Swallowing the white tablet, he closed his eyes and tried to think back to when he had first started taking them. It had been just over five years since drugs had come into his life, and after those many years he didn't care what he took as long as it made him feel better. The pills he took made him feel indestructible, they protected his inflated ego.

Anger was a side effect of the pills, so was irrationality, however Louis didn't care what his actions did to affect people. In his mind there was only one person he cared about- himself. He would kill any man in order to remain so self righteous, he would do anything to be the number one.

"I'd kill the damn bitch if I knew where she was," he muttered bitterly to himself as he walked back to his chair, grabbing a can of beer as he went. The cold liquid ran down his throat like syrup but it didn't effect him the way he wanted. He needed something stronger.

Grabbing the bottle of vodka, he pushed the bottle back and swallowed the contents which burned his throat like an inferno. Shaking his head, he waited for the alcohol to take his mind off the many issues he faced, he did not want to think of Jane or his loosing wars.

To look at the man and not feel hatred was a hard thing to do, but those who looked further into him would feel some pity for the dictator. He was a lost man, trying to find his way in a void of pain and despair. His mental state was as unstable as a boat on harsh seas, ready to tip over at any point. He was far gone, he was no longer 'normal'.

Despite a regularly lovely childhood, somehow the man was unsatisfied with life- this was the case all his life. As a young boy he wished for more toys, as a teenager he wished for more money and as a grown adult he wished for more happiness.

The reason for his drug addiction stemmed from the people he knew, Zayn being one of them. The man introduced Louis into the world of corruption at the highest level, and the dictator was never able to turn back- even if he wanted to. Different parties every night with different substances relived Louis of some pain but when the flashing lights and grinding bodies became boring he craved something stronger. He ended up sitting alone taking his pills, trying to comfort the demons that swarmed round his head like wasps.

All he wanted was peace. A break from the humming misery of life.