21

Date: 17.03.2063

"He is killing us one by one, Louis is a parasite on us. We must fight against him, not WITH him! He is an abomination, the bomb waiting to detonate and destroy us all. If we do not act, we will all become nothing more than ashes in a destroyed country. The ruins of this great nation," The crowd cheered as Jane spoke, her words rousing some sort of passion inside them all. Jane grinned as she watched the masses of adoring people, some chanting her name, some chanting for revolution.

Despite everyone knowing exactly who she was, no one turned the young girl in to her malicious husband. There was something about Jane that made the public want to protect her from the poisonous grasp of her so-called husband.

Jane was about to continue when she noticed three cloaked men join the back of the crowd, there was nothing too abnormal about the trio but their presence made her uneasy. The crowd waited expectantly for Jane to continue and she forced a smile, feeling her stomach churn at the sight of the new visitors. Was she overreacting?

"Revolution is necessary, we must destroy him like he has destroyed everything that we own. Stand with me. Stand with your brothers, your sisters, your mothers, your fathers and with each other. Together we can win!" Jane raised her fist to the air, and the mass of people copied her action- all except the cloaked men who watched on blankly.

The people began to depart and Jane got down from the wooden box which she had been standing on precariously, thanking everyone for arriving and listening. She couldn't believe that people wanted to listen to her, in her head she was merely just a poor village girl.

Turning her attention from her 'fans', she faced the three men wearing black cloaks. There was something ominous about them, the way they stood so menacingly. Jane was about to turn away from them and make her way back to Niall who she knew would be waiting for her anxiously but an abrupt noise stopped her in her tracks. It was the sound of clapping.

Swivelling around, she noticed that the three covered figures were approaching her, clapping sinisterly. They weren't applauding her, they were mocking her.

"Well, well, well Miss Jane. Or I suppose technically we should call you Mrs Jane Tomlinson seeing as your marriage is still in tact- at least on paper," there was something about the way the man spoke that sent chills down her spine.

"What do you want?" She replied feebly, wanting to sound more intimidating than she did. The man in front laughed, the noise sending distress through Jane's small body- this man was not to be trusted.

"You, I want you. Our master would love to see you return to him. He is really missing his wife," one of the men brushed off the hood of his cloak to reveal his scarred face, great gashes running along the side of his cheek. Jane recognised him vaguely, she remembered seeing him around the palace.

Jane turned around to sprint away from her capturers but she was too late, one had already wrapped his strong arms around her waist and was dragging her away from her freedom. Jane persevered in her plight to escape but the men's strength overpowered her easily and soon she fell limp in their arms, accepting her fate.

Thrown into the back of a van, Jane heard the low growling of the engine and suddenly the vehicle began to move. Sitting in the dark, Jane tried her best not to cry- she didn't want to cry. She wanted to be strong, but being strong was difficult when you knew that your life was at risk. Jane didn't want to die, not at the hands of Louis.

Jane tried to remain awake and alert but soon her eyelids began to droop, indicating that sleep was slowly taking her over. She thought of Niall, how worried he would be when she didn't arrive home. But most of all she worried for herself which may sound selfish but she was unsure of what Louis would do to her. What she had done was worthy of death, but Jane was determined not to die if it was of Louis' bidding.

***

Niall paced round the small hut like a madman, waiting anxiously for Jane to return home. The soothsayer in the corner was still awake despite the fact that it was nearly one in the morning.

"Why hasn't she returned?" Niall muttered to himself, balling his fists at the idea of something happening to Jane. He had become extremely close to the girl, he had invested his life in her- she was like his little sister.

"Maybe she is in the company of a man," the soothsayer said to ease the tension in the room but Niall shook his head vigorously.

"Her heart is broken, she wouldn't go to another man so soon after losing the love of her life," Niall peered out into the dark, waiting to see Jane return. She never did.