8

Date:05.03.2063

When a servant entered Jane's bedroom in the early hours of the morning, she had been shocked to discover the lowly gardener laying next to Jane. After the initial surprise, the servant decided that her loyalty to Louis was too strong to break and had ran to his bedroom where she had told her master. With this news came anger, and the leader had locked himself away in his room so he could express his deep rage. Nobody dared to disturb the man, not even when he had a meeting with another world leader who had to be ushered away and told to return the next day.

Louis was sat on his bed drinking bottle after bottle of beer, hoping to get so drunk that he couldn't think about the huge embarrassment that Jane had caused him. His own wife, of only a few days, was having an affair- with one of his own employees.

"How dare she?" Louis grumbled to himself, punching the wall behind him, leaving a large hole where his fist had connected with the plaster, "How dare he? One of my most loyal men?"

A chef stood outside his master's room and listen to the man whine and shout about his wife, the chef was unsure of what to do that would calm Louis. Knocking on the door, the chef knew that he would be told to fetch Harry which was a shame because the cook was very close to the gardener.

"Liam what are you doing here?" Louis asked, startled by his chef's sudden appearance. Usually Liam the chef was working in the kitchen cooking up the leader's breakfast or lunch.

"I heard your shouting sir and I wanted to see if you were alright," the chef muttered, wishing that he had never entered Louis' bedroom.

"I am fine," the dictator spat at his chef and he was about to shoo the servant away when he remembered something, "Bring me Mr Styles, I need to have a word with him."

***

Harry was standing outside Louis' door, sweat made his curls stick to his forehead. Liam had warned him prior that Louis was in a bad mood, and the gardener couldn't help but worry that somehow his master had found out.

"Come in Harold," Louis called and slowly the curly haired boy entered the room that smelt strongly of alcohol.

Sat on his prestigious chair, Louis was holding a cigar in one hand and an empty beer bottle in the other.

"So you have been sleeping with my wife," Louis got straight to the point and Harry felt fear course through his veins at the speed of light, "Well what do you have to say for yourself boy?!"

Harry gulped as he looked at the anger in his master's eyes, he knew that his punishment would be great. But somehow he knew that Jane was worth whatever would be thrown at him, she was worth a thousand lashes to the back. She was worth much more than his suffering.

"I didn't sleep with her Sir, I was just comforting her," the gardener was not sure how Louis would respond, the man was the most irrational man in all the land.

"You were still flirting with her, you were flirting with my wife!" Louis couldn't believe that his own worker was trying to defend himself.

Harry bit his tongue, tempted to say something that would led to dark consequences; he knew that he would have to take Louis' berating otherwise he would dancing with the angels in heaven within a matter of seconds. Death was something that the dictator took lightly.

"This is worthy of a serious punishment," Louis tapped his leg as he thought of a way to make the boy feel pain, "Tomorrow at noon you will fired from your job as a result of disrespecting your leader and touching his property without his permission."

"Sir please you can't do this to me!" Harry dropped to his knees- he needed his job. Outside the palace walls there was nothing for him, just pain and a slow death by starvation, "I have nothing out there! I have nowhere to go!"

"I suppose if that is the case," Louis looked at the boy with wild eyes and a sick smile, "You will find home under the executioners blade for death is better than living out there- isn't it?"

Harry felt his whole world crumble slowly as he soaked in what Louis was implying, surely the man could not be punishing the boy with death?

"Leader please, don't kill me!" Tears formed in the corners of Harry's eyes and fell down his ruddy cheeks like crystal droplets.

"I can't believe that was not my first instinct, my friendship to you has made me weak. You must be killed, you have committed an act that is worthy of death!" Louis realised how soft he had been on the boy, he had killed many for much less than having an affair with his wife.

Running as fast as his legs could take him, Harry ran to his lover to tell her of what her husband had decided. Harry hoped that Jane could help him, otherwise he would loose his head the next day.

Sprinting to her room, he saw that she was still laying in bed reading a book intently; her eyebrows were furrowed as she read and Harry stopped in the doorway to just marvel at her.

"He is going to kill me," Harry whispered and Jane was taken out of her daze like state, she looked up at Harry with wide eyes as she tried to process what she had just be told.

"What did you just say?" Jane cried out, feeling her chest tighten as her whole body coped with the shock.

"I am to die soon, I need your help," Harry walked towards Jane and placed a kiss on her forehead, hoping that together as a pair they would be able to conquer the untimely fate that was pressed upon him.