19

Date: 13.03.2063

"I know what I'm going to do Niall!" Jane shouted to the blonde boy as he came back from collecting the water; she had been in deep thought for the past few days about her future and finally she had concocted a plan.

"Which is..." Niall rolled his eyes at the young woman's excitement, but he still smiled because he had a deep love for the girl. Not romantically, but the love that a brother has for a sister, of a friend to a friend.

"I will give speeches about Louis, about how horrible he is! Maybe if I stir up enough hatred for him, the people will protest against him! Maybe even overthrow him..." Jane's mind drifted to a different place as she spoke, a place without Louis.

"Yeah cause that won't blow your cover," Niall scoffed as he hauled the heavy bucket of water to the hut,"You are still being hunted down you know?"

Jane sighed and follow Niall inside the hut where the old man was still sleeping despite it almost being midday. The last few days had been uneventful. Niall had gone into a nearby town to steal food while Jane was left to her thoughts which was an ordeal for her, she hated being alone. To her, loneliness was a ice cold wave of depression that washed over her constantly till someone came and rescued her from the turbulent sea of silence.

"I'm going to the town today," she whispered, hoping Niall wouldn't hear her but of course the sound of her small voice echoed in the hut. The Irishman was about to protest when the soothsayer awoke and silenced the pair of them.

"Let her go, it will do her good," and with that, it was settled. Jane would go to fight for justice and nobody could talk her out of it.

***
Dusk was settling when Jane arrived in the town with cobbled streets, but the time of day did not mean that people weren't still busying through the streets. The poor were huddled together as they lay down on the harsh ground which they called a bed and street sweepers had not yet put down their broomsticks. There was not a rich person in sight, they had long gone inside as they knew that the poor ruled the streets when the sun went down.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Jane's voice was quiet and barely attracted the attention of dog who was laying by its master's feet. The young woman gulped and balled her fingers into fists, determined to speak, "LADIES AND GENTLEMAN."

A few people turned to stare at the shouting girl, who looked slightly mad to any onlooker; her hair was greasy and uncombed and her clothes were in tatters.

"I stand here today to open your eyes," Jane played with the fabric of her dress as she spoke, her nerves bubbling inside of her, threatening to spill out.

"They are open!" Someone shouted back at her and cackled but the intruding voice was silenced by the hushes of those listening. Suddenly everyone was entranced by this new girl, they wanted to hear what she had to say.

"Louis Tomlinson has ruined this country. He has ruined us! He is nothing more than a coward with an inflamed ego, he is a monster that snatches your sons and husbands and sends them to wars they cannot win. He is the man who ruthlessly slices off the head of anyone who dares speaks. Tomorrow you may find me with a throat that has been slit by one of his minions, he will not stand for any opposition against him," her voice grew louder the more she spoke and slowly more people began to the listen to the words she was saying. Everyone knew of Louis' ways, but nobody had really considered them.

"Who are you to speak so unkindly of him?" A man shouted back and Jane gulped, she had not planned for such vast audience interruption.

"His wife," the words slipped out her mouth before she had a chance to silence them and she covered her rose coloured lips after the words had been uttered. A chorus of shocked gasps erupted throughout the crowd and Jane watched as the people began to talk among themselves, all saying how surprised they were to see the dictator's wife.

Jane ran as fast as she could back to the hut before anyone could follow her; night was settling which acted as a cloak but she was still cautious. She hated walking alone, vulnerable to mother nature's elements as well as the crude hands of the wicked. However the old mud hut came into view before she could be snatched into the hands of evil and she hurried inside, looking behind her to check for any eavesdroppers.

"I am a stupid girl," she shouted and Niall jumped up, looking the untidy girl up and down. Her hair was tangled and knotted, with dirt and other things incorporated like some strange hair piece.

"Whatever did you do Jane?" The Irishman asked, heating the girl up some soup which she took hungrily.

"I told them who I was, I didn't even think of a cover. They will find me Niall, they will find me!" The weak girl shook the man's shoulder to emphasize her situation but he could do nothing to consolidate her. The obvious would happen, Jane would be found. She had made it too easy for Louis, she had practically turned herself in.

"Oh my dear Jane, my dear Jane, you are as good as dead," Niall hugged the girl to his chest, wondering how long she would live before the dictator's merciless hands were gripped round her throat.