3| Aftermath

"Here I got you a drink," Shawn said handing me a bottle of beer.

"Thanks," I said, taking a sip of the cold beverage. As soon as the alcohol hit my tongue, I wanted to spit the drink back out. Instead, I gulped it down. It tasted nasty.

"The others already left," he said. "I texted Rebecca and Logan; they left too."

Rebecca may have left me with Shawn, but she would never leave the party without me, she was my ride home. Plus, she would never be the type of person to abandon her best friend for a guy.

I sighed, "she was my ride."

"I can take you home if you want," he offered.

"Sure," I said grabbing his arm. I started to feel dizzy. My surroundings were spinning. "Let's go."

"You okay?" He wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Yeah, let's go. I'm not feeling well."

•••

I woke up in a room with beige walls that had shelves adorned with medals and trophies. The curtains were closed, but I knew this wasn't my bedroom. There were clothes all over the floor. There was a black desk in the corner that had tons of water bottles and chip bags on them. I looked to my side, and there he was. Shawn was snoring, and he was also shirtless.

I looked under the covers. I was wearing the same thing I wore to that wretched beach party. My head was pounding, and I couldn't think straight. I don't remember anything from last night.

"Shawn," I shook him by the shoulders.

He slowly opened his eyes, yawning. "What?"

"What am I doing here?" I asked.

"You said you wanted to stay at my place last night."

"I don't remember."

"How could you? You drank so much booze babe," he explained.

"I am so lost."

"So after you got all dizzy and sick, you sort of got into this circle of people who were challenging each other to drink beer. Then you accidentally participated," he said, standing up from the bed.

FLASHBACK

"I can't believe I won that!" Stella squealed as she pounced into Shawn's arms. She had just finished nine bottles of beer when she went against a girl in junior year high school. She won the battle after the girl surrendered.

"Yeah, good job," Shawn said.

Stella grabbed Shawn's hand and dragged him towards her. "Did I ever tell you time I followed you around the school for a week so I could figure out your schedule?" I asked, giggling. I watched where Shawn was heading for his next class. At the end of the week, I figured out how to cross paths. I did that in grade nine, and I've been doing that ever since. I never really told anyone, even Rebecca. She would never have let me live that down.

"That's creepy Stella," he said smiling. "But it's a good thing I'm attracted to you, so that cancels each other out."

I took a deep breath, "then how come you've never talked to me until now?"

"Because you're always in the shadows, now you're giving me something worth noticing," he said as he glanced down at my body.

"Oh, I thought it was because you broke up with Nikki."

Shawn always had a girl around his arms. Breakup after breakup, he would find a new girl. I guess that's the perks of being one of the most attractive guys at school. But Nikki was different; everyone could see it. They lasted for two years. He changed when he was with her, and everyone was betting they would get married in the future. Their breakup took everyone by surprise, but the next day, girls were lining up to be his next girlfriend.

"Nah, I broke up with her cause-" he stopped.

"Because of what?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter, maybe I'll tell you next time." He said, "for now the only thing on my mind is you in that cute little bathing suit of yours."

"You know," I whispered in his ear. "I really want to kiss you."

"Oh my God, did that actually happen?" I asked burying my face in my hands. I will never drink alcohol ever again. It turned me into a different person.

"Yeah, and you even said yes when I asked you to be my girlfriend," Shawn winked, putting a t-shirt on.

"So are we dating now?"' I asked. "Wait did we kiss?"

"Yes to both of those questions," he replied as he walked to the washroom. "I'll drop you home after we have breakfast."

"Okay," I whispered.

I got my first kiss last night, and I didn't remember. I'm dating someone, and I don't remember him asking me. We haven't gone on two proper dates. On the first one, I ditched him, and on the second, I got wasted and forgot. Who am I turning into? 

My phone was rested on top of a black sock on his bedside table. There were five messages from Rebecca and twenty-three from my mom.

To: Rebecca

SOS. My place at 10. 

Shawn was my boyfriend. I've liked him since ninth grade, and now he's mine "Change of plans, I need to skip breakfast. I gotta drop you off right now," Shawn said rushing into the room. "Just grab a sweatshirt from the closet or something."

I stood up from the bed and searched his closet. I took a red hoodie that stopped above my mid-thigh. No one was in his house, so I didn't have to be stealthy about sneaking out. The family portrait that hung above the fireplace in the living room showed that he was an only child, like me. Although he had both of his parents under the same roof, I wish that was my case.

"Just wait outside, I need to answer this call," Shawn said walking into the kitchen for privacy.

I walked across his lawn. The sun was burning bright; it was going to be a good day. A traditional white picket fence separated the houses. The flowers near the entrance of his house were already starting to wither even though spring began.

"Brenda?" A voice called.

I looked at the house next door, "Eli?"

"Okay, now you can't deny that you're not following me. This is a whole other story, you followed me home! Not at some beach party or a popular pizza place, you Brenda, followed me where I come home every day."

"I'm not following you, I have a friend who lives in there," I pointed at Shawn's house.

"Then how come I've never seen you with him?" He asked.

"Because this is the first time I've been at his house."

"Oh that explains it," he said, leaning on the fence that divided both properties. "You're one of his one night stands."

I rolled my eyes, "that's not the case."

"Then tell me what is it?"

"I don't need to explain it to some stranger," I said. Shawn was taking a long time with his phone call. I needed him next to me, so this guy could leave me alone.

"We met three times, I don't think we're strangers," he scoffed.

"Whatever Eli."

"Not my name," he said.

"Does it look like I care?" I asked as I started walking away.

"It's been nice terrorizing you once again, sorry I didn't bring a drink to spill on you!" He yelled.

I entered Shawn's car.  Minutes passed, and I was still smiling about what the stranger said.

a/n Hope you liked this chapter even if it was really crappy. Like, vote and comment. My chapters will be updated on either Friday's or sometime during the weekend. But expect an update every week!