6| The De Luca's

He was the first thought that entered my mind when I woke up from a night of uncomfortable sleeping, Eli or Lincoln, or whatever his real name was. Eli was rude and arrogant, but when I met Lincoln, he was kind and funny. But they're the same person.

Shawn was already in the bathroom taking a shower. He was getting ready to visit his relative in the hospital. It was time for me to go, I didn't bother brushing my teeth or my hair before I left. I changed into ripped jeans and a red sweater.

"I'm going to leave now," I passed by the bathroom to say goodbye. The shower was already turned off. He must be getting dressed.

"Okay bye," he said.

I don't think Shawn was the type of guy to act sweet around his girl. Maybe he isn't the guy for me. Although, when he and Nikki were dating, it was obvious she meant the world to him. Maybe she was right, maybe Shawn was using me.

I didn't head straight home. Instead, I walked over to Shawn's neighbour. I stood on his front porch. After getting the courage to knock on the door, someone opened it. A girl with long luscious dark blonde locks, hazel eyes and bronzed skin opened the door. She was wearing short shorts and a long button-down top. Her wavy hair was in tangles, strands of hair were pointing in different directions. She looked like a Victoria Secret model, except for the fact that right in the centre of her forehead was a bright red pimple.

"Excuse me?" She said, "who are you?"

"Oh, I-I'm looking for Lincoln or Eli. I don't know his real name, but he lives here," I said. She must be his girlfriend. He was attractive, and so was she. She had long toned legs, and her skin was radiating even though it was only eight in the morning. When I wake up, I looked like a corpse rising from the dead. She wasn't wearing makeup, and that made me envy her more.

She laughed, "no Eli or Lincoln here. Just a Natalia, Owen and Trevor."

I blushed, maybe I was imagining things. Maybe I wanted to see Lincoln again. "Sorry, it must be a mix-up.

"It's all good," she smiled as she began to close the door.

"Talia, who's there?" A familiar voice said. I stopped in my tracks and leaned against the door to listen in.

"Solo una ragazza in cerca di un Lincoln o di un Eli"  Natalia said. I couldn't understand what she was saying, but I knew she mentioned Lincoln and Eli's name.

I regretted leaning on their door because all of a sudden it swung open and I fell flat on their floor. I looked straight ahead to come face to face with Batman socks. I looked up to see Natalia with a sympathetic yet creeped out expression, while the guy next to her was stifling in a laugh. It was Eli or Lincoln.

"Okay, I knew you were stalking me for sure," he laughed.

"You know her?" Natalia asked.

"Yeah, she was the girl I told you about, the one from the pizzeria and beach party."

"Did you tell her about last night?" I asked, standing up from my position on the floor, no one helped me up.

"You slept with the girl who poured a drink on you?" She exclaimed.

"Actually, he poured the drink on me," I said.

"I did not sleep with her. Let's get that straight."

"Then what are you talking about?"

"Do you not remember?" I asked the guy. "Lincoln or Eli or whatever your name is. You were at the ball last night."

"What ball? I thought you went to Josh's house?" She asked.

He was full of lies. Everything he did or say was built upon lies. For all I know, he might not even be a student at Bayview. He might not even be in high school for that matter. I can't believe anything he says anymore, even though he gave me words of wisdom last night.