Ending.

After finishing my first rough draft of my novel last night, I knew it was time to return to Mum and tie up any loose ends.

Because it always, always, kills me inside when stories are left unfinished. Mum is something I started when I was the 13-year-old Olivia that always day dreamed about this grand ending while she worked in Dairy Queen or took walks under the trees by the house. Now I've grown as I writer in the past year, and I recognize the story can at times sound pretty fantastical and pretty... yes, crazy. But, it's the story and the ending that was in my heart as that 13-year-old writer so I'm not going to try and change it for logic's sake. I hope you can just have fun with it and not question what was going through my mind at the time of writing the book as I bring a conclusion to this trilogy that has changed my life.

I love you guys.

Thank you.

*********************

After Olivia leaves the two children with the peaceful tribe, she runs away and soul searches. Watching the children around her with their mothers in a slum makes her realize that no matter what consequences it has on her soul, a mother must and will always make any sacrifice for her own children.

She journeys back to the village where she left the two girls in safe hands, but learns that the girls have been taken to mount Kilimanjaro for ransom.

Even though the peaceful villagers swear they will find a way to pay the ransom because they loved the children as well, Olivia knows that unless she goes to take them back herself, she will never see the children again. The captors would never give them back.

Sick and tired of all the abuse the children have suffered, Olivia travels to the snowy mountain, fully determined to get them to better lives.

In America.

————————————

Olivia journeyed up the mountain, before finding their cages. The children shivered, covered in snow, now on the verge of hypothermia. Then, when one of the crooks spotted her, he screamed to his colleagues.

This sparked an avalanche.

As Olivia managed to pull both girls out of the cages, the tumbling snow struck them, sending them down the mountain side.

When the snow stopped, Olivia climbed out, and searched the snowy mountain side she sat upon.

She saw movement, and pounced to her feet.

"Who's there?"

Then she saw wisps of blond hair blowing in the wind behind a boulder.

"Noel! Noel it's you! You're alright! I'm so glad--"

Noel ran away, crying. Olivia chased after her, only able to catch up to the fleeing child because the little girl tripped over a rock. Noel wailed, fighting Olivia's grasp, angry that Olivia abandoned them at the peaceful village.

Olivia hugged the little girl, crying in return. "I know. I know, I am so, so sorry. I will never, ever leave you again."

Never ever.

Even if it meant sacrificing her own soul.

Then Olivia was stricken with panic.

Kelley was nowhere in sight.

"Kelley." Olivia called out. "Kelley?!"

They frantically searched the snow.

They were running out of time.