This way.

She ran through the grass until she reached a forest. She leaned against a tree with pealing bark and dried sap, and panted as she caught her breath.

But instantly stood up strait when she heard a snap of a trig behind her.

Before Olivia could react, she already knew it was too late.

Lions.

As she began to panic, she scolded herself for ever leaving the safety of the village. Even if she now was free from an arranged marriage, how on Earth would she ever be able to get back home in America.

At that point, she gave up fighting. It was over. Done with. There was no point in running anymore. She can't hide from these lions who have surrounded her, ready to rip her apart and fight over her remains.

She turned around, an inch per second. She did not want the leap to her neck in full surprise. She would rather see it coming as she would say her last prayers.

But before she had fully turned her head, something grabbed at her shoulder.

This was the end.

But there was no pain.

There was no claws.

It felt, familiar...

It was a hand.

She gasped in surprise, and looked up.

------------------

"This way." The man said, pulled Olivia's arm through the darkness of the woods. It was the same man that had taken Olivia from the water to the truck, and to the village she had once lived in.

When the man came back to the village and was told that Olivia had been taken, the old woman begged him to go to village and try to steal Olivia back, something no one had ever dared to do when girls were taken as brides.

He had been hiding in the woods, about to sneak to the camp when he saw Olivia leaning against the tree.

Olivia began to notice familiar trees and rocks on the path, always having used them to find home when it was getting dark as she would come back to the village.

But this time, there was no one to greet her home.

When the village came into view, the two stood in horror dead in their tracks. Olivia's heart almost stopped.

The village was destroyed.