Famine is coming.

The heat was really getting to Olivia, and the bump on her head made her even more drowsy. Even though they were two minutes walking distance away from the mysterious village, she felt as if she were to collapse.

"Come on now, we mustn't waist time. There are leos out here." The man beckoned to hurry, but she didn't hear it.

"Oh no, we can't stand for this." He tried to support her with his arm, but her eyes shut.

"Dash it tall." He picked her up and ran for his life. The sun was beginning to set, and the dangers of the night were far greater then those in the day. At last, he reached the outer huts.

"There we go. There we go." He mumbled to himself. A woman, maybe in her fifties, hurried from a tent that lay at the center of the tiny village, with her arms open. Without saying a word to the man she picked up the limp less body of the girl and took her back to her tent.

-----------

Olivia sat up abruptly. A cold cloth fell from her forehead. She looked around the room. The walls were made of grass, and her bed was a a grass weaved mattress.

"You're awake." Olivia jumped. The woman was sitting behind her, soaking another cloth in a bowl of water.

"Where am I?" She puzzled at the woman.

"Shhh. Shhh. You have quite a bruise on head." She dabbed her goose egg.

"How do you speak English?"

"Missionaries came once. Taught us English. Gave us well. Gave us help."

Olivia jerked. The cloth had a cool, sharp pain to it.

"Man save you. Man bring you here." She smiled, her teeth were yellowing brown.

She reached for another bowl.

"Drink. Eat." She picked up the bowl and put it to her lips. When she drank to her hearts content she set the bowl beside her, and reached for the basket in front of Olivia.

"Build strength. Famine is coming."