Slavery.

One of the men screamed something in a language Olivia couldn't understand.

The man who saved her leaned to her, and command in urgency “Get out of the truck. Put hands behind head.” 

Fearful as Olivia was, she obeyed.

The men took Olivia and the man into their truck, than tied them up in put gags in their mouth. Olivia looked at the man beside her in such fear and terror the man was scared her heart would stop.

As if the man could hear her thoughts, he shrugged. He hadn’t the faintest clue where they were. 

Olivia heard shouts from the armed men outside, and then saw another pair of headlights through the tarp that covered them in the back of the truck.

She suddenly heard the a door swing open, and slam shut. Two of the men, leader of each gang, because to speak to each other.

Suddenly, Olivia felt the tarp being lifted off of her, and the group of men picking her up as if she were a rug.

What Olivia didn’t know was that these gangs were looking for people to sell into slavery to make money. The new gang that had come across the armed men that had taken Olivia, was much larger in number and in weapons. What the leader of the larger gang was saying was that if the smaller group gave all their captives to the larger gang, they would let them live.

The leader of the gang that had taken Olivia, although grateful that he would live to see the next day, still wanted to make a profit, even if he had to gamble his life.

“Take the girl from the truck.” He called in his language, which only the kind man understood.

Which is why Olivia was pretty surprised when the other gang started handling her, and put her in their truck.

The leaders gamble was that the chief of the gang would take the lesser profitable slave, and not to check for more.

He only could breathe easy when the truck drove off, carrying Olivia, away, and and taking away from her the man who saved her, and her hope of ever finding home again with the help of an adult.

And now she had to face her original purpose on this side of the world.

Slavery.