Practice (Hermione)

Hermione Granger. The girl you'd been crushing on since first year.

How to describe her? Perfect, smart, funny, beautiful.

You loved Hermione, she just didn't know that yet.

"Oh Miss (Y/L/N), you need a private teaching season with someone." Said Professor McGonagall. "Who would like to volunteer?"

There was a silence in the classroom, and you saw Hermione glance nervously at Harry and Ron. "Miss Granger!" Said Professor McGonagall. Hermione jumped. "Why don't you do the session with Miss (Y/L/N)?" Professor McGonagall suggested. "Sure." Said Hermione, shrugging.

"Good. Tonight. Class dismissed." Said Professor McGonagall.

You stood up, gathering your books. Malfoy slammed into you, making you drop your books on the ground. "Hey!" Harry yelled. "Leave her alone!" He then crouched down next to you and helped you pick up your books. "Thanks." You smiled. You noticed Hermione staring at you out of the corner of your eye. "Sorry, I need to speak to Hermione." You said to Harry. He nodded, smiling. He knew about your crush on Hermione.

You turned and walked up to Hermione. She smiled at you, your heart skipping a beat. "So, library tonight?" You asked. Hermione shrugged, not looking at you.

"Alright... Bye." You said.

Walking off towards the Gryffindor common room, you reached into your bag to pull out your wand. Unsure why, you just had a feeling you'd need it.

Suddenly you were slammed into the wall. Gasping, you felt the sting of the slap seconds after it happened. "Filthy mud blood." Spat Malfoy. Squirming in his grip, you saw your wand across the hall and threw Malfoy off you.

Diving for your wand, you opened your mouth to say a spell, but Malfoy beat you to it. "Crucio!" Yelled Malfoy.

Pain flowed over you in waves as you screamed in pain. "HEY!" Someone shrieked. Fighting for consciousness, you cried out again.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" The same voice yelled. "PETRUFICUS TOTALUS!"

You moaned in pain.

"(Y/N), please wake up... Wake up!" You felt them shake you as you desperately cling to consciousness. "Her...mio...ne..." You groaned.

"Please..." Whispered Hermione. Then you passed out.

It felt like a million years later when you finally regained consciousness. Hermione was asleep in a chair next to you. You stared at her, watching her beautiful features. "Just because I'm half asleep doesn't mean you can stare at me like that." Mumbled Hermione.

"Oh... Er... Yeah..." You yawned. "How long have I been out?" You asked. "A week." Hermione said, stretching.

"A - a week?!" You cried, sitting up to fast. "Ow!" You groaned.

Suddenly something occurred to you. Why had Hermione been so desperate to save you? "Hermione?" You asked. "Yeah (Y/N)?" She sighed. "Why did you get so mad at M-M-Malfoy when he hit me?" You yawned again.

Her face flushed. "I - I like you, (Y/N). I've liked you since third year. I wanted to tell you... But I didn't know how." Hermione said.

You stared at her, before doing the bravest thing you've ever done and kissed her.

It was long but gentle, and she kissed you back, not letting you pull away.

"Thank you." Hermione said, smiling.

"What? Why?" You asked.

"Because I thought that I would have to do it myself." She smiled.

"Will you go out with me?" You asked her.

Hermione nodded. Then she said, "I'd love to. I guess practice does make perfect."