Jerk (Fred)

7. "I thought I hated you. I don't."

_____________________________________

second person POV

You sat at your desk in potions class, not paying any attention to what Slughorn was saying. You were concentrating more on how to get back at Fred Weasley for blowing up your bag.

Fred Weasley had been a jerk to you ever since you'd started Hogwarts. It eventually led to a mutual hatred.

Until he blew up your bag.

"Miss (Y/N)!" Slughorn called.

You jumped, staring up at him. "Yessir?" You asked, laughter echoing through the room.

"Shush!" Slughorn yelled. The students quieted. "What is Amortentia?" He asked you.

You knew you read about it somewhere. Something to do with love?

"A love potion?" You said.

"Good enough." Slughorn shook his head at you. "Amortentia is a love potion, yes, but it doesn't make a person fall in love with you. Instead, it smells like your favourite scent, the scent that attracts you most. For instance, your lovers perfume or cologne."

There was a pause, and then Slughorn said, "Would anybody like to come up and tell us what they smell?"

No volunteers. No hands raised.

"Fred Weasley!" Slughorn called.

He shook his head. "I'd rather not." He groaned.

"Fred Weasley." Slughorn repeated. "And (Y/N) (L/N), because you both seem to be paying so little attention."

You stood, annoyed, walking up to the front.

"What do you smell?" Slighting asked tiredly.

You smelled it, then paused, before turning to Fred in annoyance. "Maybe you should stop playing Quidditch so much, cause your cologne and sweat DON'T mix." You growled at him.

A spark of confusion appeared in his eyes before he fired back, saying, "Well maybe you should stop dousing yourself in your stupid, cheap perfume!"

You stopped, confused now. One of your friends had broken your perfume bottle and thrown it out, promising to get you a new one at the next Hogsmeade trip, like, two or three weeks ago.

"I - I'm out of perfume actually." You said sharply, still kind of pissed about him calling it cheap. It was actually quite expensive.

"Well if you must know, I'm out of cologne. The last Quidditch match last week." Fred added.

The whole classroom was silent as you two stared at each other.

Fred, used to being openly honest, finally said, "Well, (L/N), I guess..." He paused, and then said, "I thought I hated you, though it appears as if I don't."

The class went even quieter, if it was possible.

Then you slowly turned and walked back to your seat, and then moments later, he returned to his.

Slug horn cleared his throat and said, "Um, well, anyways-"

You come up with what happens next.