Yule Ball Special

Key:
(C/N) = Crush's Name / Character's Name
(Y/F/L/N) = Your Friend's Last Name
(Y/F/N) = Your Friend's Name
(F/C) = Favourite Colour
(C/L/N) = Crush's Last Name

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"(Y/N)!" Yelled (Y/F/N).

You glanced up, startled. You were in the library, and you had been skimming through a potions book for the essay you were trying to finish.

"What is it (Y/F/N)?" You asked.

"I just got asked to the Yule Ball!" She/He said excitedly.

"What really?" You asked, standing.

"Yeah!" They said excitedly. "(C/N) asked me to the ball!" They danced around the library.

"Shh!" You hissed.

"What about you, (Y/N)? Have you been asked?" (Y/F/N) asked.

You shook your head, sighing. "I'm waiting for... you know..." You said, glancing up at her/him.

"Oh, for (C/L/N) to ask you." She/He said, smirking.

"Shh!" You hissed again, flushing bright red. They laughed, before saying, "Anyways, I've got to go. See you 'round."

You nodded, before going back to your books. Without noticing, (C/N) ran past, looking frantic, noticing you in the library and stopped, nearly running into (Y/F/N). "Sorry (Y/F/L/N)." (C/N) said, getting back up and walking calmly into the library, fixing his hair.

"(Y/N)?" (C/N) asked, sounding a bit nervous.

"Hmm? Oh, yes (C/N)?" You noticed him standing there and turned around.

"Um, I wanted to ask... Would - would you go to - " He started, but then Hermione ran in, squealing.

"(Y/N), (Y/N)! I got asked to the ball!" She cried, running up to you with delight. You gasped, asking, "Who asked you?"

"Viktor Krum!"

"No way!"

(C/N) sighed, backing away out of the library and walking off.

Later that day, you were sitting in the Gryffindor common room, while Hermione told Ginny about her date to the ball.

"(Y/N), somebody wants to talk to you." (Y/F/N) said, smirking.

"Wha - really?" You asked, surprised once again. She/He nodded, and you got up and climbed through the portrait hole.

"Hey (C/N)." You said, smiling at him.

"(Y/N), I didn't get to finish asking last time. Would you go to the Yule Ball with me?" (C/N) asked quickly, as if trying to ask before anyone interrupting.

You froze, startled. After what felt like a three minute pause, he sighed and turned to leave. "No - I would love to." You said, still startled.

He spun back around, smiling. "Really?" He asked.

You nodded. "So I'll see you then?" (C/N)  asked.

"Yeah." You said.

The Yule Ball was finally here. Everyone was excited. There was a certain buzz of happiness through the school that was contagious.

You, Ginny, and Hermione were all getting ready in your dorm. You were already wearing your dress, a (F/C) floor length dress, and Hermione was doing your hair. "I'm so excited!" Ginny squealed, spinning around the room.

You laughed, saying, "I know right?! Wow, Hermione, you look gorgeous!"

She smiled excitedly. "Thanks (Y/N)." She said.

"Come on you guys." You said, standing up.

You all walked down the stairs, smiling and talking. (C/N) was standing just inside the portrait hole, had being let in by Ron and Harry.

"You look gorgeous." (C/N) whispered, smiling.

You smiled back, saying, "And you look crazy handsome."

You both walked down to the Great Hall, you were so nervous your stomach was bubbling with butterflies.

'Deep breath (Y/N). If you waste the whole time thinking about how nervous you are, you won't get to enjoy it.' You though to yourself. "Right." You sighed.

The Great Hall was so beautiful. It was sparkling with icicles, and everyone looked so beautiful.

(C/N) and you were sitting down next to Ginny, who was talking to her date while (C/N) sighed, standing up and asking, "(Y/N), would you like to dance?"

"Sure." You smiled, standing up.

The two of you spun around he room to the current song, and all you saw was the outline of the others, and he pulled you closer before saying, "(Y/N), I'm sorry I haven't told you before, but I really like you. Would - Would you go on a date with me?"

The song ended and you smiled, "Yes."