Not Ready (Harry)

A/N: Holy %$&#! I can't believe this book reached 11k reads! I literally never thought it would get more than one hundred! AAAH! Thank you guys so much for 11k reads, 450 votes, and 80 comments! WHOA! ILYSM!

"Hermione," You said, turning to face your best friend. "I don't think I can do this." You wiped your clammy palms on your jacket that was sitting in the table and turned around to stare in the mirror.

You were getting married.

Some people honestly didn't believe it at first (George) and others just went insane with happiness (Hermione, Ginny, Luna, Ron).

You were crazy in love with Harry and everything, but you couldn't do it. You were only twenty two, and you felt like you wanted more time to live your life first.

"(Y/N), you've got to do it! You love him, he loves you, it was meant to be. Honestly, stop doubting yourself and get out there!" Hermione said, smiling at you.

You sighed, and you stared at your shoes first. "(Y/N) (M/N) Weasley, get your butt out there, and marry the man you love!" Hermione said, grabbing your hand and dragging you towards the door.

"I can't!" You burst out, and Hermione froze.

"Wha-what?" She whispered, looking a bit frightened.

"I can't. Tell Harry I'm sorry." You said, before running away.

Harry sighed as he sat in one of the white church pews. The guests had left about an hour ago, and he was still moving slowly around the church to try and dull the aching pain in his head and heart.

(Y/N) had gotten cold feet at the last second, and ran away. No one knows where she went to.

Harry put his head in his hands, feeling mixed emotions, like he was going to scream, like he was going to cry, like he was going to be empty.

Do nothing.

That was when a sudden realization dawned on him.

The only place (Y/N) would go when she was upset was the graveyard.

You sat next to his grave, sobbing into your hands. It was bad enough that he couldn't be there for your not-wedding, but you didn't even end up getting married, which really only hurt because you knew Harry would be upset with you.

And you got sad when Harry was upset.

"Why did you leave?"

You jumped, looking up to see Harry standing over you. "Why did you run away? Why didn't you marry me?" He asked, and his voice cracked at the last two words.

You sucked in a breath, blinking back tears.  "I - I don't think I'm ready for it yet. Marriage, I mean. I - I always wanted to travel the w-world, and I want to go on exciting adventures. I'm not ready yet, Harry! I - I..." Your voice cracked and you burst out crying.

He sighed, before picking you up, and sitting down so you were in his lap. "(Y/N), do you remember how I admitted that I was in love with you?" Harry asked.

"Of course I do." You sniffled. "I - I thought it was adorable."

FLASHBACK:

Harry is standing next to you, watching the corner of your eyes crinkle as you laugh at a joke your brother told you.

Fred glances at Harry, smirking, before turning back to you and saying, "(Y/N), I think you should tell him."

You looked at Fred curiously, saying, "Um, what?"

"You know, tell the lovesick dimwit that's beside you. That one." Fred says, pointing to Harry.

Harry blushes furiously at that comment, and Fred whistles lowly under his breath before leaving.

"Harry? What did he mean by lovesick?" You ask Harry, studying his reaction.

"He meant that - uh, he caught me staring at you..." Harry mumbles, blushing.

"Wait, Harry, do - do you like me?" You ask, staring at him, wide eyed.

"No." Harry says. "I'm in love with you."

"Well good," You say, wrapping your arms around his neck, "Because it has been very hard to resist doing this to you..."

You trail off as the two of you kiss, and as dumb and cliché as it sounds, you know right than and there that you will love him forever.

"See? Adorable." You sighed, looking at Harry. "I'm really sorry I walked out on you, Harry. I just - he got us together... Why couldn't he be here to see..." You choked and looked down.

Harry hugged you tightly, murmuring, "No, don't cry, I don't like seeing you sad..."

You kissed him then, and just as you had back than, you felt that same explosion of fireworks.

"You don't have to marry me yet, (Y/N). But when you're ready, I'm going to be knocking on your door, asking -  no, begging you to take me back." Harry said. You laughed, and he said, "Maybe I'll do that anyway. Like, in a week."

"Harry..." You sighed, staring him directly in the eyes. "I do love you. You know that, right?"

"I do. I know. And like I said, I'll be waiting. Whenever you're ready, i'm ready." Harry said, pulling you closer.