20. Melt My Heart To Stone

Monty POV....

I can't deal with this shit alone and I'm trying my hardest to be a good dad. I haven't heard from Variah in two weeks since she left. I trued calling her and she wouldn't answer me for nothing. I was getting nervous and Tae is leaving back home in about a month. He's here but my daughter still needs a woman figure in her life..

Tae can only do so much as a gay man but I do appreciate what he is doing. "Monty I'm taking Amiyah out for lunch you want something?" Tae said opening the door to my room. I just laid there watching TV just dead thinking. "Naw I'm good Tae" I said not moving an inch. I felt him sit on my bed and heard him take a deep breath.

"Monty you need to get out of this funk of yours it's not good and Amiyah asking me what's wrong with you isn't helping" he said concerned and I just thought about my daughter and raising her alone is scary. I can't teach her how to take care of herself that's something a woman has to do.

"Tae I feel like I chased her mom away and I don't know where the hell she is my child needs a mother"I said with hurt in my voice. I was nervous as hell that I might have to take the reigns as both parents. I was prepared for being a father to her and now I gotta help raise her as a young lady to a woman.

I have a few years until it really gets difficult but I'm thinking on it now. "Monty she'll be fine I'm sure you'll do what's best for her and you'll find a nice young lady to help you and will love her just as much as you do just do what you can for now"he said hugging me. I heard little footsteps coming in and it was Amiyah as she jumped in the bed laying on me.

"Daddy you okay?" she asked me. I looked into her big beautiful brown eyes and told her I would be fine. I got up when they got off of me. "Y'all give me about 30 minutes I'll get dressed and go out and have lunch" I said going to the bathroom. I took a hot shower and after I did all my hygiene I got dressed.

I walked out as they were playing a a card game. "What y'all playing?" I said standing next to Amiyah. "Go Fish now shhh I'm trying to win back my cards" Tae said because he had only two cards left. They were having an intense game of Go Fish. Amiyah could barely hold all then cards in her hands.

"Got a king" Amiyah said and Tae handed over his king and he only had one card left. "Got a ummm letnme think......a ace"she said confused. Tae jaw dropped and just handed over the card because he lost. "I quit she keep cheating and I'm over it at this point I'm done" Tae said folding his arms like a child.

"No I'm not stop it" Amiyah yelled and stood up. My baby girl ain't no punk she get that from her daddy and some from her momma. "Alright children let's go eat" I said and they both stood up. Amiyah grabbed Tae hand and they walked out together. They act like Amiyah just didn't check Tae.

I just left it alone as I walked out the house. I wasn't about to deal with then and their mood swings. Maybe it's just a family thing they going through. I was the same way with my other cousin before he moved far away and we lost contact though. I got in the car and started it up.

I looked back to check if Amiyah was strapped in. She was and she was playing in Tae phone. "Tae you locked up everything in your phone so she doesn't see anything" I asked pulling out the driveway. "Yes I did dad" Tae said sarcastically. I was driving to Panera Bread since that's where they decided to go.

I really didn't care for the restaurant like that because it just wasn't for me. Their M&M cookies are good as hell and the brownies are bomb too. They soups are good especially the broccoli cheddar soup. That's about all I eat from there. However Tae loved this place and he gotten Amiyah hooked on it too.

We pulled up after about 10 minutes of Tae playing Beyonce and Rihanna over and over. I was getting sick of Work, Sorry, We Found Love, Partition, and dammit I was over it all. Amiyah and him was singing and I was just driving trying to tune it out. We got out of the car when we got to the restaurant. We walked in and went to the window to order our food.