24. Lay Me Down

Monty POV....

It's alot to deal with since Variah passed away. Just to find out she died because of a drive by shooting. Then come to find out it was gang related and her new boyfriend was into that lifestyle. During that shootout her boyfriend died as well along with a few other people.

I felt bad because her family had her body shipped to West Virginia because they didn't want to come all the way here. Amiyah and I had to go there to attend the funeral. It was weird being there with her family but they were cool. It's been 4 months since then and I'm making it as comfortable for Amiyah as possible.

She has her days where she'll cry about Variah but that's when she has Kenyamo here. Yes he moved in with us against many people going against it. Right now I'm on my way to the mall to do some shopping for my babies. I pulled up and got out the car. It was alot of people at the mall for a Thursday. I hate being at the mall on a Friday or Saturday by myself.

Kenyamo couldn't come because my baby finally working. Amiyah at daycare and I had an off day so I'm by myself for the most part. I went into the mall and went straight to footlocker. I went and bought Amiyah a pair of Jordans and a pair of Nikes I saw her fall in love over when she was last in here.

I also bought Kenyamo a pair of Jordans just like mines so he could stop wearing mines. He can barely walk in mines since my feet kind of bigger than his. He looks crazy flopping in my shoes. I went to the register and paid for the shoes. I left out and started heading for this T-shirt shop.

I went in and got me and Ken some dope relationship shirts to wear together whenever we go out. He also wanted a shirt with Beyonce,Rihanna and Nicki Minaj on it. I didn't get his obsession with them but he's mine so I got to deal with it. I got all of the shirts and left out the store. I just started walking to the food court.

I could go for some Panda Express I love they food. Kenyamo got me hooked on their food because everytime he comes here this all he wants. I sat down and Facetimed Kenyamo while I was eating. I knew he would be on break at work or.just getting on his break.

He answered the phone and he was in a car. "Hey baby" he said chewing on some crunchy ass chips. He turned down the music and adjusted in his seat. "What's poppin bae? How's work going?" I asked eating some beef lo mein. This shit was good but I've had better. "Shit at work these people funny bae but what's that you eating?" he asked me looking into the camera like he was going to find something.

I picked up my box and put it to the camera. His eyed bucked out his head and he rolled his eyes. "I'm gone beat your ass for going to my spot without me" he said irritated and pouting. I laughed and told him I would bring him some home for dinner. "Naw I'm gone eat something else for dinner bae" he said yawning. We stayed on the phone for another hour until it was time for him to go home.

When we hung up the call I gathered my food and bags so I could go pick up Amiyah. I was walking out the mall when I heard my name being called. I looked back and saw Jerari and some nigga with him walking towards me. I kept walking and he kept yelling my name. "Monty bro don't walk away from your homie like that" he said as jogging up to me. I was irritated with his presence.

I didn't care to be around this nigga since everything happened. I wasn't into him being around me at this point in time. I know I'm fucked up but Jerari takes the cake. "What you want bruh?" I asked opening the door to my car. I put the bags in my car and closed the door. I leaned against the car and looked at him with his smug ass face.

"I wanted to say what's good bro I heard about your engagement to my cousin" he said with a smirk on his face. I felt my blood start boiling but I won't do shit crazy because he's not worth my freedom. "Yeah I'm engaged to him so what?" I said with an attitude. He used to be cool as hell but when shit got serious with Ken and I he got floppy.