Chapter 20. This can't be...

Naruto Pov

All of us were silent as we stared at the corspe in front of us in it's casket. The casket was made by Tazuna and the builders, who felt bad and sad about her death. For me, I couldn't even give her a single glance. I was too occupied with the thoughts that tumbled in my head. Why couldn't I save her? She was my first ever friend and here I am, looking at her lifeless body.

I should be there not her.

"...she wouldn't want you in her place..."

I turned my head and saw Sakura-chan. Her eyes still on her body. I turned back, looking down at my feet, just like before.

"...I'm sorry...Naruto"

"...Why are you sorry..." I asked.

I felt her stare and I looked back.

"I-I'm sorry...that I hurt you..!"

Tears trailed behind each other as they dropped to the floor. My eyes widened at her sudden burst of tears and I felt terrible for her to feel that way. I took hold of her shoulder and looked into her eyes, tears streaming away.

"I...I forgive Sakura-chan...I already did ages ago..." I said.

Her eyes trailed down to her feet as a sob came out of her mouth. She came straight to me, with all the arms wrapped around and her face stuffed into my face. I gasped at her move but accepted her hug and wrapped my own around her.

"I...I c-can't b-believe she's...dead....!" She cried.

My eyes softened a little as I hugged her back. My eyes trailed to Sasuke as I saw him stare at Cherry with sadness and anger. I nudged Sakura-chan softly and pointed to Sasuke. She let go of me and turned to where Sasuke was.

Sakura's Pov

Step by step.

I trailed down to where Sasuke was.

Step by step

I saw the most beautiful girl ever.

But...Step by step!

That girl was gone.

Because of me.

(Flashback)

I just kept staring at her body. The blood that just sticked to her skin and her hair. She looked....asleep. But with that nerving hole clear as day right through her chest. I just stayed staring. I couldn't blink. I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't move.

I just stayed hunched over her body, my hair covering my entire view of the world. This sanity. I just wanted to wake up from this nightmare. I wanted her to wake me up and just tell me that it was one of those stupid dreams.

Sobs came out of me.

"C-come on! W-wake u-up alre-ready! It's not funny!". I chocked.

"Sakura.....I'm sorry but...she's_"

I snapped my head to the person who said it. Kakashi-sensei.

And I snapped.

".....you did this to her...."

"Sakura....please-"

"You......DID THIS TO HER!!!!"

I didn't know what came over me. I just let go of Cherry and charged at the man I came to hate. My nostrils flared and my body shook as i ran. The words that repeated in my head just kept saying kill him for what he has done. Kill him! I couldn't control myself. I felt like I had no hope in me left and that my sanity won't sustain me enough.