Five

Gabriel pops off to somewhere. That's typical. Percy is brainstorming ideas how to get to L.A, he suggests going by airplane.

I flinch, I'm terrified of flying. I've only been on an airplane once... but even if someone payed me a hundred bucks I wouldn't do it. Thankfully Chiron and Grover turn down Percy's outrageous plan. They tell him that Zeus could zap us down.

The air behind Chiron shimmers and Annabeth becomes visible. She stuffs her hat into her pocket. Annabeth tells us that she's been waiting for a quest for years, she does call Percy a seaweed brain though. I can't hold back my laughter.

Chiron introduces Percy and I to Argus. Chiron then tells us that Argus could only take us to a bus station in Manhattan but from there we'd have to figure out our own way how to get to L.A.

Percy and I head back to our cabin to grab some supplies. I grab a backpack and shove a change of clothes, my gun, some empty soda cans, some money and a few other things into the bag. Once packed the two of us head to Half-Blood Hill. Luke catches up with us and gives us a pair of flying basketball shoes. Chiron seems to remember something he then hands both Percy and me a cheap disposable pen. I uncap my pen and it changes into a sword.

"Let me guess... gifts from our dad right?" I ask, as I put the cap on the tip of the blade making the sword return to pen form. I put the magical sword in my pants pocket. Chiron tells Percy that he can't loose the sword. To test that theory Percy chucks the pen super hard.

"Percy, you're such an idjit. I know that the pen will return doesn't mean you can throw it." I say shaking my head at my half brother. Annabeth, Grover and Percy look at me confused.

"If you're wondering what that means... it's a fancy word for idiot." I say as one of Argus's eyes wink at me. Once we get dropped off at the bus station, the four of us get bored and start playing hackey-sack with one of Grover's apples. We got the apple too close to Grover's mouth, and he eats all of it in one bite. His timing was awesome... the bus just showed up.

It's a smooth ride until the furies show up. I reach under my seat and grab my backpack... something is about to get messy and we will need supplies. I slip the bag onto my back as the furies come closer. Annabeth and I basically jump piggyback style onto two of the furies... we were fine until Percy came back for us.

"Braccas meas vescimini!" Percy shouts. Did he really just say that?! If I wasn't about to get killed, I would have been laughing my butt off at him. Annabeth tells us to get off the bus, the four of us do and in just the knick of time. Once off the bus I roll my eyes at my half brother.

"Eat my pants?" I ask. "Is that the best insult you could think of?"

"It was a heat of the moment kind of thing." Percy replies.

"Great thanks Percy that song is now in my head. Let's get out of here."

-Few minutes later-

I'm getting hungry; Percy, me and Annabeth smell burgers; we come across Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium. Percy and Annabeth seem to be having problems reading the neon sign. I then remember that both of them have dyslexia when Grover reads the sign to them.

An old lady says that it's late and asks where are our parents. I go to my default answer... they're dead. Percy rolls with it and says that we got separated from our circus caravan. That's another thing that I hate... circuses; well it's more clowns then anything. I throw Percy a death glare. He just shrugs at me.

"Percy... I loathe circuses." I say as we enter the building.

"I didn't know that okay. Just roll with it." Percy replies. When we get inside I slide my backpack over so I could open it and take out something. I grab a soda can and toss it to Grover.

"Eat up Goat boy... you're going to need all the energy you can get, I have a bad feeling about our hostess." I say softly. That's when the food arrives. Percy is almost done with his burger by the time he remembers to breathe. I eat some fries with a milkshake. Aunty Em asks for a picture. Annabeth, me and Grover are hesitant but Percy insists. My hunter's instinct tells me that the woman in front of us is a monster.

"Whatever you three do... avoid looking at her face unless you have a mirror, polished shield, or something like that." I say. "My gut tells me that the woman in front of us is actually Medusa." I shove Percy and Grover to the ground. Percy seemed like he was drugged... he was slow and sluggish.

"MAIA" Grover yells. His shoes sprout wings and goes after the gorgon with a stick. Not even thinking about my sword, I pull out my gun and fire it making sure that I wouldn't hit Grover. Percy comes to his senses and swings his sword at the monster chopping off her head. I help Annabeth cover the head... we then bring it inside and triple wrap it up in plastic bags. Percy then decides to send Medusa's head to the gods.

"Idjit... they're going to be ticked off that you sent that to them." I say crossing my arms across my chest. Percy doesn't care.

-Thirty minutes later.-

Percy found some money in the cash register. I pull out the roll of cash that I have and add the bills to it. As soon as I put away the money, I hear wings. Out of the corner of my eye I see the angel in the trench coat. I walk over to him.

"Cas thank goodness that you came. Any news on my brothers?" I ask the angel. Cas shakes his head. I sigh.

"I'm sorry Rauri... we're looking for them and we're not going to give up." Cas replies in Enochian. I nod.