Twenty-six

While discussing the prophecy, Chiron suggests that Percy might want to 'break up' with Rachel... since when has Percy and Rachel been a thing?! According to Chiron; the father of all monsters is going to be rising in five days... also in five days is Percy's 16th birthday.

Apparently, we talked the entire afternoon away. I head to bed and get cursed by the dreaded nightmares. The next morning, Percy asks if he can use my phone to call Rachel.

"No way. Sorry bro, you're not going to use my phone to call Rachel." I answer. Percy sighs and asks if I heard from Grover in the last two months. I shake my head.

"I'll be in the sword arena if you need me." I say heading out of the cabin. When I get to the sword arena I scratch Mrs. O'Leary's ears, making her tail wag. Someone with a slight english accent startles me. I spin around and see Crowley.

"Crowley, there's a war brewing and well I don't have time for your proposition for a deal." I say.

"I see." Crowley answers. "I think the hellhound next to you is bigger than Juliet."

"Well unlike Juliet, Mrs. O'Leary likes nearly everyone... and I never expected to have a conversation about pet hellhounds." Crowley snickers. Mrs. O'Leary pokes her head up and then charges at Percy.

"Oof... hey Rauri can you call Mrs. O'Leary?" Percy asks. I laugh and whistle. Mrs. O'Leary gets off of Percy and bounds toward the woods. Percy and I chase after her. When we catch up to our hellhound she's with a pretty strange trio... Grover's girlfriend Juniper, a fat old satyr, and Nico. The fat old satyr and Juniper take their leave. I notice that Nico is still wearing the iron ring I gave him last summer.

"Hey Nico, I see that you added a skull on the ring I gave you." I say with a smirk.

"It got a bit boring." Nico replies sheepishly.

"I'm not mad. It suits you Ghost King."

"Thanks Ghostbuster." Nico started calling me Ghostbuster when he was staying at the Bunker. Nico tells me that he hasn't had any luck with finding information on his family or his life before he got put into the Lotus Casino.

"My offer still stands about one of my friends unlocking your memories." I say Nico shakes his head. Nico tells Percy that in order to understand Luke, we need to follow his footsteps. Shadow traveling time... Nico whispers something in Mrs. O'Leary's ear, he then tells Percy to get on her back.

"Rauri are you coming?" Percy asks.

"Do you want me too?" I ask. Percy nods. I then tell my brother that I'm going with Nico. Percy nods and then shadow travels away from there.

"Try not to aim for China." I joke. Nico rolls his eyes, he then takes my hand and shadow travels to Luke's childhood home. When Nico shadow traveled for the very first time, he traveled to the Bunker and then promptly passed out on the couch for a week or two. When he got a bit better at it he took me with him and well he missed his destination by a long shot and we ended up in China... got in a bit of trouble for that one, but the Chinese food was pretty good though.

I stay behind with Mrs. O'Leary. We make a new friend, Lady Hestia goddess of the hearth. The boys come back and look mildly surprised. Hestia offers the three of us something to eat, and well instead of thinking with my head I think with my stomach. Hestia isn't one for war, she's basically taking care of Olympus while the other gods and goddesses are away. After we are done eating Hestia sends us to Percy's apartment.

"Who put this wall of fur in the doorway?" A male asks. I guess that is Percy's stepdad. I don't pay much attention to the conversation, the next thing I know is we're suddenly in central park. Grover basically falls from the trees. When Grover opens the door to the underworld Nico, Percy and I head down. Percy takes a swim in the River Styx. When he's done we have to deal with a small army of the dead... I get hit with some of the water from Styx. It takes a lot of effort not to scream, the water feels like boiling acid (which I have had the experience of feeling before... that is a long story). I glance down at my arm and the water from the river basically gave me third degree burn. By the time we get out of the underworld I'm in quite a bit of pain.

"Rauri are you alright?" Percy asks. "You have this pained expression on your face, and you're holding your arm like it's about to fall off."

"I'm okay, it's just throbbing." I lie. I hate lying to Percy, but sometimes it's kind of a necessity.

"Knowing you, that is a lie. Now please tell me the truth."

"I'm fine Percy! Stop haranguing me!" Percy looks at me surprised, that I started to yell at him. We head to Olympus and I start to die with laughter. The elevator music was Staying Alive, call me a nerd but the song reminds me of one of my favorite Tv shows... BBC Sherlock.

When on Olympus two Hermes kids point out the whole city is asleep... that would mean that all the candy stores are open and everyone is asleep. I throw a wink at them and basically pull a classic Gabriel move.

"Rauri don't encourage them." Annabeth says.

"I'm not encouraging them." I mutter. Silena says that the sleeping spell is weak, and it would take a lot more magic to knock out a group of demigods. I throw her a smirk.

"Didn't know that you were an expert on magic." I tell her. "But Silena does have a point, I've dealt with magic before larger the group is easier to curse." Percy divides the city up with all the cabins but he leaves one area undefended, Thank the gods and Chuck that Thalia and the hunters show up to take that area. We're still short against Kronus' army. Thankfully all the angels (that like the Winchester family) show up. Gabriel volunteers to aid the Hermes cabin.

"No raiding candy stores." Percy says looking at Gabriel. Gabriel sighs in disappointment. Everyone splits, we get back down to Manhattan and well Cas pops off and then comes back with Sam and Dean. Percy looks a bit surprised to see Sam and Dean.

"Aren't they mortals?" Percy asks.

"Yes but angels can bend time." I reply. Annabeth, Percy, Sam, Dean and I fight together like well oiled clockwork. Annabeth takes a knife on the forearm for Percy. After the bridge is taken down we split up My phone rings and it's Percy apparently Annabeth got pretty beat up. Thankfully Balthazar is nearby... I tell him that one of my friends was injured and well we might need some angel grace.

"Okay apparently we decided to use a hotel as base at the moment." I mutter as we walk over to where Annabeth is. Will Solace is taking care of it but he looks almost as bad as Annabeth.