Forty-one

Even though I'm wearing some armor, I still manage to get myself shot right in the chest. The bullet punches a hole right through the breast plate... the bullet goes in pretty deep though. I'm loosing a lot of blood and fast, I black out seconds after the bullet penetrates my chest.

When I come around again, I have the taste of fresh out of the oven cinnamon rolls in my mouth... which is a first, normally when I wake up from blacking out; I have the taste of either copper (blood) or plastic (breathing tubes) in my mouth. I manage to sit up just a little bit, to look around. Hospital room. The thing that catches my attention is the Iv has a golden color to it.

"Hey, how you doing sis?" Dean asks walking in.

"Is it normal to have a fresh out of the oven cinnamon roll taste in one's mouth?" I reply. Dean chuckles.

"I think that would be the nectar."

"What?" Dean then explains that a nurse noticed my legion tattoo, and that nurse used to be a medic in the roman legion. I don't know what to say, I never expected my legion tattoo to save my life.

-Two days later-

I'm discharged from the hospital, and Percy convinces me to go with him to check something out. Sometimes I really hate him. The thing that Percy and I are investigating is apparently a giant crocodile, and well that gator just swallowed a kid whole. Percy being well Percy, gives the crocodile a himmelick maneuver with his sword. The kid that the monster had for a snack comes flying out of there, and he has a sword shaped like a question mark. He's more then likely Egyptian, judging by the sword.

"The croc... where did it go?" The kid asks.

"You're welcome." Percy replies. I move out of the way, there is a lot of tension between them. Once I get out of range, the gator kid summons a hieroglyph and then Percy goes flying... without his shoes. Two seconds later Percy wave slams him. Oi vey, this is going to get ugly.

"Will you two stop it?" I ask walking between them. "You two are acting like immature idjits, now we have a gator to catch."

"Why do you say idjit, instead of idiot?" Percy asks arching an eyebrow.

"I say idiot, just not to you." I turn to face the kid that just punched Percy with magic. "Sorry about my half brother, Percy. I'm Rauri Winchester."

"Carter Kane." The kid answers. I notice the cut on Carter's wrist.

"Normally celestial bronze, doesn't hurt mortals." I say. "But that is a pretty ugly cut." Suddenly there is a loud scream, and I do something that I really shouldn't do right after getting out of the hospital... run. By the time I get to the gator, my chest feels like it's about to explode.

"Rauri, you okay?" Percy asks when he catches up.

"I just did something really stupid." I reply. "The good news is that the stitches didn't pop." Carter turns into a falcon headed avatar, and Percy calls him a chicken man. The three of us change tactics when we can't get the necklace off that gator. Percy and I make a miniature hurricane out of the gator sweat (totally disgusting, but effective.) Carter then turns into a falcon.

"Holy... he just pulled a Frank!" I say to no one in particular. After fighting the gator and getting the necklace off that thing, Percy offers to buy lunch... but he doesn't have any cash or money in general. Which is typical.

"I'll pay for lunch." I say. Percy arches an eyebrow. "What, I always have some form of mortal money on me." We head to a diner and order. Percy calls me Ghostbuster, and he also elbows me in the ribs; making me gasp out in pain. Carter asks if I'm okay.

"Fighting a crocodile, running and then getting elbowed in the chest two days after getting out of the hospital is not a good idea." I say in reply.

"What happened this time?" Percy asks. I just tell him that I'd explain later.

When I meet Sadie Kane, Carter's sister, with Annabeth; the three of us have all sorts of trouble. Now the third time that I run into the Kane family; Egyptian and Greek monsters decided to fight Percy, Annabeth and I, and we aren't having any luck killing them. Suddenly a camel falls from the sky... if these were different circumstances, I'd be laughing my ass off. Carter and Sadie are apparently in bird mode, and when they land they morph back into human.

"Hey you two." I say. "Thank the gods and Chuck that you two made it."

"Who's Chuck?" Carter asks. I smile slightly.

"God, with a capital 'g'." I reply. "And to be honest he is not the biggest fan of that name, he likes going by Chuck." Percy throws me a look, then says something about his sword being eaten.

"What? I like my sword." Percy says when Carter, Annabeth, Sadie and I throw him a look.

"All I was going to ask was; what does that have to do with the price of tea in China." I say.

"Do I even want to know what you're talking about?"

"It's an expression Seaweed Brain, I'm just asking what does that have to do with anything." The five of us get attacked by dirt... I groan, I've had enough dirt magic to last me a little while. Now that I think of it, in Egyptian mythology; Geb, the god of the earth, never had his kids pin his wife down and cut her into pieces. Apparently I say that out loud. Percy then asks what the hell I'm talking about.

"I didn't realize that I was talking out loud, so ignore my random ass commentary." I say in reply.

It's going to be a bit hard for me not to call Percy; Buzzard breath... I mean out of all gods and goddesses, Percy had to host the Egyptian goddess of vultures. By the end of it I find out Percy gave up immortality again. Our opponent, Setne, starts puking rainbows which is definitely a new one... also someone getting trapped in a snow globe. Sadie says something really off the wall that Carter replies with "I'm going to puke rainbows now."

"Hopefully our little task force, can keep this thing between the Greeks and the Egyptians a secret." I say as I finish off my can of root beer. Carter likes how that sounds.