Twelve

I'm about ready to have an angel take us to the boat... but Percy beats me to it. Poseidon sends us four hippocampi. We get away in the knick of time. The harpies that we left at the beach wail in disappointment. The hippocampi take us to this cruise ship called the Princess Andromeda. After Tyson says farewell to Rainbow, we find a suite to stay in. The next morning the four of us realize that this ship is full of monsters. There's a hellhound is feasting on the eggs. We continue to look around. To our disappointment Luke finds us.

"Tyson hand me my bag. I have a certain urge to shoot Luke in the face." I say.

"Well that's not very nice of you Rauri." Luke replies. I just glare at him. Luke invites us to sit down... none of us do. Luke introduces us to his bear body guards, he then asks Percy how's school. Percy gets to the point rather quickly. Luke is as cool as a cucumber. Annabeth then starts to yell at him. Luke then asks Percy and I what has our dad done for us. I cross my arms.

"My dad taught me how to fight and kill monsters, thank you very much." I snap. Luke looks shocked, he looks like a fish out of water.

"Fine then, what has your mom done for you?" He asks when he eventually thinks of a come back.

"She left me to die in an alleyway! She never wanted me in the first place!" I retort. I then storm out of the suite. Luke got me so upset, that a meltdown is unavoidable.

"Rauri wait." Percy says. Apparently he followed me.

"Percy please go, I don't want to hurt you again." I say softly. Percy places a hand on my arm.

"You won't. I promise." Percy answers. He then leads me back into the suite. Luke tries to convince us to join his side. What happened next is just a blur, when I snap out of it I notice that we're in a lifeboat.

"You alright?" Percy asks.

"I didn't hurt anyone did I?" I reply. Percy shakes his head. He does say that I did scare the shit out of everyone on the boat. I manage a tired smile.

"Where are we?" I ask, but for some reason I already knew. Annabeth tells Percy to head to Chesapeake Bay. I'm still slightly out of it, but I recognize the landscape. Annabeth leads us to a safe house. Percy tells Tyson to locate some powdered donuts. I tell Percy that I'll keep an eye on Tyson. I play with the yellow duffle bag. I know that the bag is going to slow me down, but I don't want to lose it.

"Rauri, hydra right behind you." Annabeth tells me. I turn around and find myself in front of a hydra. I hold my breath. Praying to who knows what... that the hydra has terrible eyesight. It tries to bite me, but Percy chops off that head.

"Percy next warn me so I can grab my matches!" I say, as two heads grow back.

"Why do you have matches?" Percy asks slightly confused.

"I'll tell you when we're not about to die." As those words escape my lips. There is a sound of a steam engine. Percy and Annabeth are confused by the noise.

"Apparently Clarisse caught up with us." I say as another ball of acid flies past me, some acid hits my shirt, it's not much but I still get burned from it. I grab Annabeth and dive out of the way. Percy nearly gets hit by a cannon ball. Clarisse crosses her arms across her chest, she tells us to get onboard.

"You are in so much trouble." Clarisse says after the tour of the boat. The crew of civil war zombies ask if Percy is related to the southern general. Percy says that he was from New York. Dammit Percy. One of the crew members asks me if I was related to the creator of the Winchester rifle.

"I am...distant cousin." I reply. I don't know if that's true or not, but that kept me from being chewed out by an army of zombies. We have Pb&J with Dr. Pepper for lunch. I haven't had Dr. Pepper since I last saw Sam and Dean. Clarisse says that we're expelled for life from Camp Half-Blood. After lunch, Clarisse tells the captain to take us below deck to sleeping quarters.

"Thanks for blowing up that hydra, and for lunch." I tell Clarisse. "It's been awhile since I've had a Dr. Pepper."

Clarisse stays quiet, I then take my leave. I catch up with my friends. Percy crashes in a hammock instantly. Unlike my half brother I can't get to sleep. I climb out of my hammock and open up my duffle bag. I grab out one of the books that Hermes packed for me. I can't focus on anything, with a sigh of frustration I put away the book. I grab my gun, and head up to the main deck.

I'm still a bit shaken by the time that I had a meltdown. I notice that we're getting close to the Sea of Monsters. I take a deep breath to calm down. I look at the waves gently rocking the boat. Percy, Annabeth and Tyson walk over to me. Percy asks if I had the same dream about Grover.

"No, I didn't. What happened this time?" I reply. Percy then tells me what he saw in his dream.

"Let me guess, our time is almost up." Percy nods. Charybdis swallows up the sea. Percy and I can't control the sea, Charybdis is too strong. Clarisse fires a cannon at the monster. Tyson goes below deck to play with the engine or at least repair it enough so we can get to safety. Scylla attacks. Annabeth says that we have to go now. I agree with that plan, Percy says that he was going to get Tyson, but before he even gets below deck, Scylla grabs him.

"Percy!" I yell. Apparently he stabs Scylla in the eye making her drop him. Annabeth and I make it off the boat just before it explodes. I watch in horror as Percy plummets down towards the fire ball. Annabeth accidentally opens the thermos a bit too much. We get out of the wreckage.

Annabeth finds Percy in the water, alive but dazed; she also finds a thing of ambrosia; a few shirts; and a bottle of Dr. pepper.

Call me a crybaby, but I couldn't help it... Tyson was more than likely blown to smithereens, and Percy... well he wasn't in the best of shape. Annabeth places a hand on my arm.

"He may have survived." She says. "I mean fire can't kill him."

"It's not the fire I'm worried about... it's the shrapnel." I answer. "Besides the fireball, the shrapnel is the other thing that can kill you in an explosion." Annabeth looks surprised. Apparently I knew something that she didn't. The three of us share the Dr. pepper, and talk about the prophecy that involves either me or Percy.

"It could be me in the prophecy... I'm six months younger than Percy; so if he fails, the prophecy could go to me, and knowing my luck I'll die and manage to get out of there and still have the prophecy on my head." I say.

"How many times have you died? I mean last summer both Hades and Charon seemed to know you by name." Percy points out.

"Officially three. Running into a reaper about 37."

"What's a reaper?" Both Percy and Annabeth ask.

"I forget, even though you know about monsters you guys don't go searching for them." I reply. "A reaper is basically Death's soldiers. When Death is busy, he sends the reapers to claim the souls of the dead."