Chapter 19: Questions

"Favorite season?" Clary asked, playing with Jace's hand like she wanted to see how it worked. They were laying on his beed and had been for a while now, asking random things from each other.

"Fall." He replied.

"Spring." She said grinning.

"Favorite school subject?" He asked and she slapped his shoulder.

"We're on summer vacation, jerk!" She said and he laughed.

"That's why I didn't ask for your least favorite." He pointed out.

She rolled her eyes. "Fine. Art and history."

"English and history." He said.

"I can't believe we have to do this in the first place and I can't believe I'm surprised by some of your answers." She said and he shrugged.

"It's not a big deal. So what if you didn't know my favorite fruit, now you do."

She laughed. "I guess. It just feels weird. I used to know everything about you. You used to know everything about me."

"But not everything has changed." He said. "I mean some answers weren't surprises."

"Yeah." She agreed. "It's still weird."

There was a knock on the door. "We just put Soph and Max to sleep." Jocelyn's voice said. "It's getting late so we're gonna go to sleep soon too. So should you guys. And Clary in your own room."

She rolled her eyes. "Be right there."

"What does she have against my room?" Jace asked with a fake, surprised tone and she slapped his shoulder playfully before getting out of the bed.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She said and leaned down, pressing her lips on his and he pulled her closer.

"Can't wait." He mumbled and she laughed.

"I think what you're planning is okay." Clary said as she was making breakfast with Celiné in the kitchen. "Just nothing too big. And maybe tell him about it then so it's not an awkward surprise party."

Celiné laughed. "I knew he wouldn't want anything big. I can't blame him, I would just love to organize that."

"Yeah, well, I understand both." Clary said with a grin.

"You think he got that we were planning something?" Celiné asked and Clary shrugged.

"I mean he must know that we have something for his birthday but I don't think he's expecting  anything." She said. "I was more subtle than I expected."

Celiné laughed. "That's great."

"Morning." Jace said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Morning." Clary and Celiné both said. Jace stopped as he noticed that they both had stopped talking and just looked at him the second he walked in.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing." They said in unison again.

Jace frowned. "Well, isn't this creepy."

Clary laughed. "We were just talking, it's nothing. You wanna help with the breakfast?"

"Oh, I would love to." He said with a sarcastic tone and she rolled her eyes at him. He pulled her to him and kissed her forehead. "Okay. What can I do?"

AN: Sorry this is so short but this is kind of a in-between chapter so.. Look forward to the next one I'm currently working on. Xx