Chapter 22

*Clarke POV*

We having been riding through the woods for three hours about now, when we finally see a gate. "Hop off your horses." Anya instructed. We all followed suit. "And, no weapons either." I was shocked in hearing this.

"I don't like this Clarke." Bellamy whispers while unstrapping his gun.

"We will be fine, Bellamy" I whisper back. I hand in my gun, but I keep one knife in my boot. No one knows about this knife, not even Bellamy. I've kept it in my boot since the first day after I got attacked by a grounder. I figured I'll always need it at some point, but it also offers a sense of protection of myself.

We all follow Anya as she leads the way. Bellamy stand right next to me on my right with Octavia and Raven walking behind us. Anya comes to a stop at another gate and states "Listen, people are not going to be happy at your arrival, and don't make any stupid decisions once we are in city walls." "Open the gate." She instructs the guards.

As the gates open I suck in a breath. I see the giant tower now as my view is not obstructed with leaves. In my view also is thousands of markets and people running around selling and buying things.

"Follow me." Anya says. We go through the gates and see people everywhere freezes in a trance staring at us. We keep walking through the crowds of people, until a little girl steps out right in front of me about the age of 6. "Clarke kom skaikru" she says quietly. She takes my hand, but suddenly her mother pulls her back into the crowd. That's how her people must view us, monsters who their kids can't be near.

We reach the doors of the tower and they let us pass through. We make are way to the shaft to bring us up to the 214th floor where the commander is. We finally arrive into the room as I am surprised what I see. It's not a fearsome leader, it's an 17 to 18 year old girl with brown hair standing in the chair.  "May the leader of skaikru come forward." She orders. Bellamy and I both look at each other and we other step up.

She looks at both of us and then says, "We wish for the one you call Clarke." Bellamy looks at me with eyes saying be safe, but I don't need that. He steps back and I take another step forward.

"Heda Leska." I state and suddenly I bow, which I hadn't planned on doing.

She looks surprised but then says "If we are to be leaders taking to each other, then please call me Lexa." She then starts with "Take a seat member of skaikru we have a lot to discuss."