Chapter 3: Turn Up the Music

'Friday...' RJ contemplated as he stared blankly outside the class window. His elbow propped up on top of his desk as he held a pencil between his fingers,

twirling it in a circular motion.

"We are so dead for tonight" Jerald quietly muttered before slapping his self lightly on the cheek

"Naku naku, we're gonna be the laughing stocks of the whole school..." Jerald groaned as he buried his face in his hands.

RJ turned to his cousin and sighed, they haven't prepared anything for the party yet.

There were no drinks, no food, nothing. They weren't even sure how many people would show up. For a second, RJ regretted hosting the party. he patted Jerald on the back and consolingly replied "Don't worry, everything will work out"

"Really? How do you know?" Jerald asked as he raised an eyebrow

RJ chuckled "I've hosted a lot of parties in the big city. Just trust me... it'll work out"

Jerald exhaled loudly, he was about to retort back but noticed that the teacher was already in the room, books in hand.

Ms. Ruby looked more disheveled that day then usual. Her glasses drooped down on the bridge of her nose, hair in a messy bun, and shirt not pressed.
"Good morning class" She stated as she plopped her books on top of her desk. She looked around the room predator like, as if hunting for some prey.

Stopping her eyes on the raven haired boy she gave an icy glare "....RJ" she spat irritatingly. RJ was amused by his teacher's actions.

He had been annoying Ms.Ruby non stop this week and it made quite a good impression on Julieanne.

"Good morning Ma'am" RJ automatically replied.

The teacher rolled her eyes before flashing everyone else with a smile "Alright, let's begin"

***************

They were sitting on the cafeteria chairs, eating their tuna sandwiches while brewing up the plan for tonight.

RJ took a bite out of his sandwich and rolled his eyes at his cousin. Jerald had zoned out of the conversation and was focusing intently on the food before him.

"Oy, Jerald nakikinig kaba?" RJ spat as he nudged his cousin on the shoulder. "Eh? What?" His cousin asked as he broke eye contact with the sandwich to stare at RJ.

RJ sighed "Never mind"

"Richard Faulkerson" A voice yelped from behind. RJ knew that voice all too well 'Julieanne' he thought as he turned his head to the individual behind him. Julieanne stood there with a smirk, her arms crossed as she looked arrogantly down at the raven haired boy.

"Yeah?" He asked

"Can't wait for the party tonight.... I know it's gonna be great" She paused before continuing "Anyways, I have an idea on what you could do to spice up the party tonight" she said maliciously

'This isn't good' RJ thought before shaking his head "What is it?"

Julieanne leaned down and whispered in his ear something inaudible to other people. RJ's heart sank as Julienne finished her statement

'I knew it' he thought before letting out a sigh. The girl before him giggled as she drew away from RJ "Isn't it a good idea?... It'll be so funny and it would totally make your party memorable"

RJ nodded and faked a smile "Yeah great idea" he said, feigning amusement.

"Well, be my guest..." Julieanne croaked as she moved aside, allowing RJ to stand from his chair.