Chapter 16: The Calm Before the Storm

...If I survive this game of love, I will forever be bewildered when I recall our first meeting. And not because you were so different then. In a strange sense you never changed. I changed.

If you seem so different to me now, it's because you were the figure that transformed the ground...

[flashback]

"We're moving" was all that his father had said, a single sentence, phrased in a single moment, with the capability of shifting paradigms.

He cried, but does not everyone who is faced with change of this magnitude cry? We are species not very receptible to change... sure we crave for it, but in gradual steps or a garnered predictability.

This change though comes in broad strokes, sweeps you off your feet and leaves you suffocating.

He knew he should be thinking about his lover at this moment, wonder about her and feel a loss of never seeing her again, to be broken hearted by the news of inescapable separation from her.

But this time, this time was different; he held no attachment to his beloved, no, though his mind should be flooded with the thought of losing her, he was swirled in a pool of thinking about another certain someone-To never see that person again, to never laugh with that person again, to never hold, to never cherish... to never be.

That's when you know who you truly love. [end flashback]

*********************************

Louise pushed her luggage inside the trunk of the taxi. It was the end of the week break for her, and though she would be missing her new found friends here; she had no choice but to go. Heaving a sigh, she looked at the baggages one more time before glancing at her family that stood beside her on the sidewalk.

The girl smiled an assuring smile before making her way to everyone.
Coleen was the first to say goodbye, embracing her in a tight hug "I'm going to miss our little pranks" she wailed before releasing her from the hug.

Louise nodded with a chuckle "I will too"
Mr.Mendoza patted Louise on the back, trying his best not to cry "I'm going to miss you" he sobbed.

"Aw, come here" the girl retorted as she pulled her uncle in for a hug.

That's when his tears started to fall,
whimpering, he filled his lungs in with air and stepped away from her "Visit anytime, okay?"

Louise nodded before turning around to Maine. The slim girl already had her arms open, waiting for her cousin to accept the invitation. Taking a few steps, she closed the gap between them and embraced Maine tightly.

"My cousins going away" Maine started in a distraught manner. She nodded as she brushed a tear away from her eyes "I'm going to miss you guys" she cried.

Maine patted her on the back before releasing her "Whenever you have break, come stop over, okay?"

"Okay"

"Promise?"

Louise giggled "Promise" She felt a tap on her shoulder as the certain someone coughed to get her attention. Turning her head to the individual, the boy behind had already pounced on her, imprisoning her in a tight bear hug.

"RJ! I can't breathe" she stuttered, trying to gasp for air. RJ loosened the hug before voicing "Thanks for everything Louise" She chuckled as they remained locked in a hug