Chapter 27: Everything is different

Everything is different
By: Louise

It started as a journal and ended as a book.

A message to readers:
We're here, there, not here, not there, swirling like specks of dust. We have a tendency to know with absolution what love is. Being important, being nothing, being caught in the life we made but never wanted. Breaking in, breaking out, trying, and trying again. Wondering how to talk about love at all.
We make stories to explain the emotions that love suffices, we form words that utilizes language to paint a picture. We try to formulate love, give it an equation, explain it in books. We write love stories to talk about it.
The truth is, you can't write a love story.

This story; RJ and Maine's or Valeen and Jake's isn't one, and I'm not trying to make it one. It's a story, yes, but never a love story. Their story has to be seen to be believed. And it has to be heard. In the endless babble of narrative, in spite of the daily noise, the story waits to be heard.

I assure you, this was never a love story, but love is in it. That is, love is just outside it, looking for a way to break in.
You can't write a love story. You build one up so that love can get in. I believe there is no such thing as a love story, you just can't make one, and you best shouldn't try; like the wind, it's best to let it brush all over you.

I keep telling this tale; to different people, in different places, at different times. But always about them, always about me, always this story, because a story is a tight rope between two worlds
- Louise

Louise brushed through the crowd of people that were at her signing. Clad in formal attire, she responded to everyones compliments with a smile. There were dozens upon dozens of critics, journalists and fans that surrounded her as they uttered a few rudimentary statements, questions, and claims. The woman just responded with a smile as she headed off back into the shelter of a cab. She had just released her first book today, and it was the popular talk of the town.

"I'm sorry, I can't answer anymore questions. I really have to go now" The girl started as she opened the side door of the taxi. With a final wave, she soon slipped inside the vehicle.

"You are such a moocher, you know that?" her best friend cried with crossed arms inside the car. RJ wanted to be there for Louise at her first book signing, and so, there he was.

"Excuse me?"

"Me, Maine, Jake and Valeen should be getting all this attention, I mean we ARE the main characters in this biography-story hybrid" RJ wailed.

"Hey, I wrote it"
"You wrote it, but WE filled in the details!" RJ deafeningly spat.

"And what do you mean I get all this attention? For your information, you guys are on here too" The girl rebuked before pointing with her index finger at the first page of the book.
...Thank you RJ, Maine, Valeen and Jake for making this book possible...

"Yeah, on the freaken dedication page... and look at that tiny font!!!"
Louise puffed out a sigh before barking "Whatever"

"Oh ho ho, wait till the rest hears about this"
RJ voiced with a malicious smirk. Louise smiled widely as a thought brewed in her head "You know, you're late again" This would make the boy shut up.

"Hoy! I learned my lesson, it's only...." RJ shifted his gaze to his watch before letting out a gasp "... 6:30?!? Already?!?"

"Look who's dead now" Louise pried with a teasing tone "MANONG PAKIBILISAN!!!" RJ wailed to the taxi driver "I'M LATE FOR MY THIRD YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!"

Louise rolled her eyes before turning to the last chapter of her new book. This was her first
time reading it as an official novel. And though she was the one who wrote it, she couldn't help but get sucked in. All the remembered moments that were inside, put a smile on her face. "SHIT!!!! I FORGOT THE FLOWERS!!!" RJ yelled in full blown panic "WHAT SHOULD I DO?!? GET THE FLOWERS OR NOT?!? BUT THEY'RE SO EXPENSIVE!!!"

"Shut up!! I'm trying to read here"

"Okay, get the flowers" RJ changed the shop he would normally buy flowers for Maine. Ever since that tragic first fail date, he never dared enter that flower boutique ever again.

"I guess she could wait a few more minutes right?" He asked to Louise. "Who, Meng?" The girl asked blankly as she turned on the back lights of the vehicle, preparing herself
to finish reading the last part of her book.

"Yeah, she can wait?"

"...RJ... I don't know...."

"It's just going to be really fast" he assured before informing the cab driver to change destination.

"I mean, it's not like I'll see that crazy old woman again" he muttered. Little did he know that the old woman got a new job at the florist shop they were heading to. "Alright, whatever. Now shut the hell up!!! I'm trying to read here"

"You've been at that book all day, aren't you fed up of it?"
"I SAID SHUT UP!! I'M AT THE GOOD PART!!!" Louise interjected with an irritated tone as she began to read the first line of the last chapter.