Chapter 14: Plan B

The diner were inhabited by two types of people. The ones before RJ now virtually lived here, nursing this place as if it was their baby. They're usually friendless, though had achieve a kind of community none the less, characterized by vast ability to do nothing together for long periods of time.

The others come in the afternoon, loud, boisterous students who think that by hanging out here with their friends would help increase their rep. They'd churn like foaming sea around the immovable different rocks that are the evening-timers.

RJ heaved a sighed as he glanced at the window, waiting for his best friend to show. They had agreed to meet back here when Louise gathered the necessary people for this dangerous mission.

The front doors opened and the chime overhead rung. Raising his eyebrow, he shifted his gaze to the three individuals. Louise was situated between two people. One was dark skinned, with hype body. The other was shorter with long auburn hair. RJ smiled at Louise as he waved the three over to his table.
"Jerald!" RJ cried as he hugged his cousin. Jerald giggled before prying his self from the boy's embrace.

RJ smiled as he turned his eyes to the other girl "Col-"

Coleen cut him off, grabbing RJ's collar with haste "I WILL KILL YOU!"

He tried to resist the firm grip on his neck as he attempted to explain "Let..Let... me...."
Louise and Jerald jumped to aid the helpless boy as they separated the two from each other.

Maine's sister was furious, expression intense, face flushed. She tried fighting off Louise as she struggled to come closer to RJ for another assault "Bitawan nyo ko! I swear if I get my hands on you, your dead!" she cried as Louise held her back from the girl.

RJ coughed as he gently massaged his neck. Recomposing. He stared at the frenzied girl and started "Just give me a few minutes to explain, then if you still feel like killing me I won't stop you"

Coleen took a while to calm down, her eyebrows furrowed, her breathing hard. Louise watched as her cousin heaved a sigh

"You got three minutes" she recoiled.

***************************

RJ looked over to Coleen, her expression was unreadable as she slowly took a sip of her orange juice.

RJ held his breath, waiting for the girl to respond to everything he had to say. Maine's sister sat there, silent as she munched on her fries. Swallowing the lump of food in her mouth, she opened up her lips "... You know, your not that bad" she started.

RJ sighed with relief as he looked over to his best friend who also appeared at ease with the remark.

"So is that a yes?"

"Teka lang, let me get this straight... you want ME to help you BREAK into MY house and go in MY sister's room to STEAL a letter?"

RJ swallowed the lump in his throat as he responded with a nod. They way she said it made it sound so criminal like. Coleen gave her a malicious smirk "I'm so in!"

RJ grinned widely as he heard the girl's confirmation "Great!" He voiced pleasingly. Maine's sister patted him on the shoulder "You know, if we didn't get off on the wrong foot.... we could've been great friends"

"I'm still hoping we could be" he answered as he leaned on the table with a cunning smile. The two watched RJ apprehensively as Jerald was busy mooching off of Coleen's fries.

"So here's the plan"

***************************

They parked the car across the street from the Mendoza residence. It was a good thing the sun was already down, the night fitted perfectly with what they were going to do.
Jerald reached for his bag, grabbing a pair of night vision goggles. Louise rose an eyebrow as she watched RJ's cousin place it in front of his eyes "Where'd you get that?" she blankly asked.