Chapter 9: Aced

[flashback: Note this is in the same P.O.V as the person on the shore]

"Dad, I'm just gonna take a stroll around the neighborhood for a while" I added as I put on my shoes quickly.
He answered from around the corner, head popping out from behind the wall "Sure thing sweety, just make sure you have enough time to pack up"

I reached for my jacket, the rainy season was always cold here and so grabbing it was my automatic response.

"Don't worry, I already did" I answered before opening the front door.

The dried leaves lay splashed across the front lawn, moving to where the wind willed them to be.

The breeze was cold, and so I zipped up my jacket and walked out of the front porch. A child strolled across the sidewalk, laughing as he rode his bike. I smiled, he looked so happy, but then again 'happy' was an adults word. Gingerly, I sauntered over to the sidewalk and began to walking aimlessly around the block.

The houses to the right and left of my side always gave me a sense of comfort and relief 'I'll miss this place' I thought to myself as I continued my blind walk to nowhere.

I told my dad that I didn't want to leave this town, but he had his reasons, and I understood it perfectly. Words change people, alter lives, shift perspectives, and the words uttered by that man were no different- it changed my whole family's lives.

Seriously, I don't want them to pity me, I don't need it, I just want everything to be normal again. If they were moving just for my sake... then that would be too selfish, I wouldn't be able to live with it. Sighing, I continued on my goalless journey.

I found myself walking on a park path, the wind coasting along my pale features as it nudged my locks away from my face.

It was refreshing, I always preferred rainy season more then any other season... there was just something about it that made your heart light, and your soul fly.

I was thinking about that boy I met on the shore, it's been three weeks already and I haven't seen him since. Maybe he didn't even exist, maybe he was my guardian angel just sent to me on that specific day to help me cope, maybe he was just a figment of my imagination.

No matter though, I'd always remember his name. My only regret that day though was not having the chance to tell him MY name, he was too far off from walking to hear it.

Inhaling the harvest air, I tucked my hands in my pocket and continued along the path.

My eyes ended up following a piece of paper coasting along the cold breeze.

For some reason, I felt the need to retrieve it. And so, I followed it until it was caught by one of the branches of a bush. Picking it up curiously, I read the first line:

To Your Heart,
Eh? Who would write a letter without the receiver's name written on it? I scratched the back of my head before reading the second line. It was a love letter, and though I really didn't like cheesy notes, something compelled me to continue reading.... like magnets.

...From Mine

I read the whole letter now, and my heart and mind just couldn't fathom the spectrum of emotion the letter contained. It was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Who knew that a random letter I picked up could play on my heart like that.... like... like it was written for me, and only for me.

I wiped a tear away as I folded the masterpiece neatly into a small rectangle and tucked it inside my jacket pocket.

I wish I knew the person who wrote it, so I could thank them, thank them for touching my heart and giving my soul hope. For believing in love.