Chapter 6. Who Do You Like?

*Nichole's P.O.V*

The ringer for the oven went off, as I grabbed a mitten and grabbed the pan out. The pizza was a little burnt but there boys, they'll eat anything. I cut it up and put it on some plates and walked outside.

"Here boys". I say as i lay them on the picnic table beside the small coart.

"Thanks Nichole". Lucas said taking a piece and eating it.

"No problem". I say.

"This is delicious". Austin barely says with food in his mouth.

"Austin, chew, swallow and then talk, but thanks". I say laughing.

He gives me a thumbs up.

"Do you want any"? Lucas asks.

"No, I'm good". I say.

"Are you sure"?

"Yeah, I'm fine". I say.

Austin and Lucas give me a crazy look.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, I'm going to start my first day at your guys' school tomorrow". I say.

"Reallly"? They both ask at the same time.

"Yeah". I smile.

"I can drive you if you want". Lucas volunteers.

"Sure". I say smiling.

Austin gives Lucas a dirty look.

"You better not try anything on her". Austin says.

Lucas puts his hands up in defence. "Don't worry bro, ill take care of her".

Austin glares.

*Next morning*

Lucas slep on the floor in the living room and I was on the couch. I felt bad and tried to tell him to sleep there and ill sleep on the floor but he insisted that I take the couch. My phone's alarm rings and plays the thrift shop tune. I grab it off of the counter and turn it off quickly. I woke up at 5:00 this morning because three people and one shower, do not go together. At all. Anyway... I got up took a shower... I didn't really see a hair dryer anywhere but I didn't need one, I always air dry my hair, its healthier. I put on my favorite floral mid thigh dress, a jean jacket that goes up to my waist and combat boots.

Makeup? I don't wear makeup or do anything with my hair. Naturals the way to go!

"Why are you up so early"? Lucas asks in his morning voice while rubbing his eyes.

"Oh well, three people and one shower... isn't really a good idea so.. I got up early". I say.

He laughs.

"What, what is it"?

"You know Austin isn't here right"? Lucas asks.

"What"?!?

"Where did he go"?

"Ugh... Roberts house, I'm guessing that's his name". Lucas says.

"You want some coffee"?

"Ah.. you and your caffeine, why not". I say.

Lucas and I walk to the kitchen and make some coffee. He goes to the bathroom after his morning cup and gets dressed into a blue t-shirt, black sweatpants, and white sneakers.

"No shower"? I ask.

"I took one at like, 1:00 last night". He replies.

"Oh, why where you up that late"? I ask.

"Just thinking". He says putting on a grey sweatshirt. "Ready"?

"More than ever". I say smiling.

We walk outside and get into his red truck. "Is there anyone there that ill like"? I ask.

"Yeah, I'm sure there will be". He says with eyes focused on the road.

"Any special lady there that you like"? I ask.

He turns to look at me and gives me a smile.

"Why do you want to know"?

"Because what dude doesn't like at least one girl at his school, come on, you have to tell me". I say begging.

"I'm not really into relationships right now". He replies.

"Oh. My. Gosh. Austin won't even tell me, ill tell you who I like if you tell me who you like". I say looking at him.

He laughs.. "Ok fine, you first though". He says.

"Ok, I like..... "

"Justin"? He asks.

"No, I despise him". I say.

"I know its none of my business but why do you despise him"?

"Um.... you know what, never mind you don't have to tell me, I change my mind". I say looking out the window.

There was an awkward silence.

Then we arrived at San Antonio High School.