Chapter 9. Old Memories. Same Friends.

*Austin's P.O.V*

I walk up to Lucas' front porch and go up to his door... ringing the doorbell while I twirl the basketball in my hands. I turn around and just stare at the steps that I just walked up.

*Flashback*

*Three months after Austin and Lucas first met*

"Yeah, I use to be on the basketball team back in second grade, until I dropped out of it because I just didn't want my mom going there for every game so she could see me happy.. but I knew she wasn't happy because every time we went she would have to see Dan.. and so did I, so I just quit". Lucas says as we watch the cars go by in the front of his house from the front steps.

"Lucas.. you know we'll be brothers forever right"? I randomly asked.

He looks at me.

"Definitely Austin, you know, your the brother I've always wanted". He says.

I smile. "I just hope we'll never break off our friendship, even though we just met a few months ago, I feel as if your more of a brother than anyone I've ever been friends with". I say.

"You just took the words right out of my mouth". Lucas says smiling more.

I remember how Lucas would always come by my house and just talk to me for hours and hours about his life and how his day went. And to me, those moments were worth more than the White House.

I felt as if he trusted me enough to spill every secret, everything that is built around him, around his life as Lucas Scott.

"Oh hey Austin, its been a long time since I've seen you". A man's voice says clearing me from my thoughts.

"What can I do for you son"?

I turn around and notice its Keith... Lucas' uncle.

"Hey Keith.. I was just here to meet up with Lucas, were going to the park today to shoot some baskets, wanna join"? I ask.

"Haha no, I'm too old plus I'm in bad shape". He jokes.

"Haha no way, I say you got a few games left in ya". I say.

"I'm sure you'd do fine".

"Haha yeah right". He says.

"Anyway, ill go get Luke for ya".

"Thanks Keith, good seeing you again by the way". I say.

"You too"!

After a while Lucas finally comes out dressed in grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt.

"You ready"? I ask.

"More than ever".

We walk to the park and on the way there we keep small talk. Nothing important.

"So, are you going to the game tomorrow"? I ask Lucas as I make a shot.

"Yeah, I am actually, Nicholes going with me". He says.

Nichole? Really?

"Are you sure she's coming"? I ask. He makes a shot from the half coart line.

"Maybe, its up to her, she told me she was but I'm not sure". He says. "Man its hot as hell out here".

"I know, I'm about to just go get something to eat". I say.

"Do you want to go to my moms place... its on me"? He asks.

You may be wondering what he means by that. Karen has her own little café called Karen's Café. Now your probably asking how she got it. Well its always been a family business. Her mother passed it down to her when she was at least 17 years old. The food there wasn't really half bad. And I'm not just saying that because its my best friends mom. I'm serious.

"Sure". I say.

Sorry I didn't update yesterday and sorry that this is a short short chapter.. well not really short. But you know... it's short.

Anyway, Do I Have Any New Readers? And dies anyone even read this???? PLEASE COMMENT, DON'T BE SHY!