Chapter 13. The Hospital Makes Memories.

As soon as Karen, Austin, and Keith come out of the hospital room, I walk in. I couldn't wait to see Lucas. I see him laying there as I stand in the doorway, to shocked to even walk in.

He looks up at me. His eyes are red looking, like there bloodshot or something, and underneath those eyes, were black bags. He still looked a little blue. I thought the doctor would make him look better, not worse?

"Hey Nichole". He says. His voice is raspy and quiet.

"Come on over, I'm not as mean as I look". He says patting down the left side of the bed for me to sit down.

I walk over to it and sit down. Folding my hands into my lap.

"How are you feeling"? I ask.

"Well, since you asked... I'm feeling like a smirf". He says.

I immediately laugh because he does have blue skin... his hair is even a little spiked up in the back.

"Well you certainly look like one". I say. He laughs and so do I.

"So". I say.

He gives me a confused look.

"Do you know what happened"?

He sits up a little bit on the bed and puts his back up against the bed board.

"Not really, at first when I woke up I was freaking out, and I guess I hit my head or something, because my head is throbbing". He says rubbing his temples.

"Then you need some sleep". I say.

"But"...

"No, Lucas you need to sleep.. right now you look like a smirf on crack". I say.

He gives me a smile and I notice that his lips are very pale.

That worries me.

"Bye Lucas". I say.

"Goodbye Nichole". He says.

I stand up and give him a hug.. making sure I wouldn't hurt him more than he is.

I walk to the door and turn my head, watching his eyes get heavy and seeing them close, then I walk out.

I see Austin near the small office area waiting.

"Hey". He says as soon as he see's me.

"How did it go"?

"It was alright, I just want to know what exactly happened, and he looks so, so awful". I say.

"Yeah, he looked pretty rough". Austin says.

We start walking towards the entrance of the hospital. As we walk through the parking lot, Keith shows up in his truck that looks like Luke's but without the logo.

"Hey kids, is it ok if I drop you off"? He asks.

Austin and I look at each other.

"Yeah its alright". I say.

Silence fell in the truck as nobody spoke.

"Where to kids"? Keith asks.

"Ugh... my place is fine". Austin says.

"Alright".

I'm guessing Keith already knows where Austin lives because we get there in at least 15 minutes after he asked.

"Thanks Keith". I say walking inside of Austin's house.

I take my jacket off and Austin does the same with his.

"Do you think he'll be okay"? I ask as I sit down on his couch. I still remember when Lucas and I first met. When he was sleeping on this couch and I woke him up, but I can't forget how he asked the most stupidest question as soon as he woke up.

"Where's my book, it was here a second ago"?

I smile as I remember how he tripped over Austin's red, white, and black Nike shoe, how he was acting like a forreal serial killer was in the house.

"Hello"? Austin said waving his hand in front of me.

"What"?

"Did you hear what I said"? He asks.

"No, sorry, I was just thinking". I say.

"What about"? He asks sitting down next to me taking off his shoes.

"Oh, nothing". I say.

"Oh... well, I was just saying that he'll get better hopefully". Austin says.

"Yeah... I just want to know what happened". I say.

"Sometimes you search for reasons or answers, but you can't find what's not there". Austin says.

"Yeah but Austin, it is here! I tried asking Lucas if he knows what happened but he said he had no clue". I say.

"Exactly". He says.

"You can't find what's not there, he doesn't know what happened, nobody does".

I sigh.

"Well, I need to go". I say.

"Marie's probably dying of worries". I say.

"You can stay if you want". Austin says putting his shoes away.

"No, I have to go". I say. I grab my jacket and put it on heading towards the door.. opening it and leaving.

"Bye". Austin says.

I turn around and glance at him quickly.

"Bye". I say as low as a whisper and turn back around heading out the door.

As I walk, I call the one person I want to hear from right now.

"Lucas"? I ask.

"Nichole"? He asks.

His voice sounds like its shaking. He still sounds the same.. but I guess it sounds a little better.

"Yeah its her, how are you feeling"? I ask.

"Well". He says, shortly being interrupted by a cough.

"I'm ok". He finishes.

"Would you like me to come over"? I ask.

"But, you were just over here, I don't want you to go through the trouble". He says.

He really thinks its trouble for me to go and see my best friend in the hospital?

"Its no trouble at all Lucas, you know that". I say.

"I just wanted to make sure, but if you want to come". He says.

"I don't want to Lucas". I start.

"I need to".

Ok so hopefully yall like that chapter.. or this entire book so far I should say... Please comment! Vote! Subscribe! Please! I didn't really get any votes at all and I'm asking nicely. But I guess you guys just don't like this book so...