Chapter 13. Dead or Gone?

*Austin's P.O.V*

"Lucas". I yell.

"Lucas wake up"!

Nichole stands there looking at the body of Lucas, and I'm here trying to shake the life into him. He seems to be breathing, but not very well.

"Nichole". I say motioning her towards me.

Her tear stained face was noticable from where she was standing, and it was a long way away from me.

"Call Keith and tell him to meet us at the hospital". I say handing her my phone. Karen was to busy being by her son's side, hoping and praying that he'll be ok.

A few minutes ago, Nichole was in the lead, leading me to Lucas. She says that she had to get out of the house for a while, so she went to the bridge to catch some air. Then she said when she got here, she saw a body underneath the bridge on the cement stairs underneath it and it turned out to be Lucas. She had also mentioned that she called the police, who were already there. They called an ambulance and had him on the strecher in the matter of seconds they arrived there.

*Nichole's P.O.V*

I call Keith as I am asked.

I was shaking badly, trembling from head to toe. I didn't know what to do. My friend from over at least a year, was possibly on the end of the edge of being alive or dead.

"Hello"? Keith said through the phone.

"Keith... Keith... We found Lucas near the bridge today pasted out or possibly dead, you need to meet us at the nearby hospital". I say.

Without warning.. Keith had hung up. Probably on his way already.

Someone grabs my shoulder and turns me around.

"Is he coming"? Austin asks.

"I don't know, I told him to come to the nearby hospital by the bridge and he hung up". I say.

"Its alright we'll find out when we get there, we need to go". Austin says slipping his hand into mine and pulling me towards Karens car. Karen had rode with Lucas, so Austin had to drive us.

As Austin and I quickly got in, he immediately pulled out of the grass and drove of. Speeding.

A few moments pasted, and the only thing that was heard was the sniffles of Austin and I, or the sound of the ambulance going off.

Wee Woo Wee Woo Wee Woo Weeee.

We finally arrived at the hospital and they immediately rushed Lucas into a room. He began to turn a little blue.

As Austin and I walked in at a fast paste, we saw Keith walking towards us.

"Is he ok? What about Karen"? He asked.

"Were not sure yet Keith". Austin says.

I begin to cry more just thinking about losing my best friend. This isn't happening. This can't be happening.

This won't be happening.

After everyone is in place sitting outside of Lucas' room, everyone was crying and crying and crying.

I can't imagine what was going on through Karens head.. or Keiths. Lucas was like Keiths son.

To Keith, Lucas was his son.

Quite some time later, the doctor comes out.

A terrified look on his face. Karen stands up and walks over to him.

"Is he ok doctor"? She asked. Everyone looks up from the ground to Karen and the doctor.

He looks at the clipboard and looks at her.

"Come in and see for yourself". The doctor says leading the way for Karen.

"You two too". He says pointing to Austin and Keith.

"Oh and, Nichole"? The doctor asks.

"Yes sir"?

"Lucas asked to see you alone after his visit with Austin, his mom, and Keith". He says.

A huge weight is lifted from my shoulders, knowing he's ok, and knowing that he's not mad at me.

Well... what do you guys think happened? Also, I'm sorry but this story has like 48 reads and nobodys voting I only got a few votes... vote on every single chapter if you have to or if you can!