Chapter 7. School.

Lucas and I went to the school an hour early at about 7:00 so he could show me around. The doors open at 6:00 for the kids who want to study or something, but there was bearly anyone there.

After showing me the basic classes ill be doing, Lucas and I walk outside.

"Here I want you to meet the Coach".

"Is he nice"? I ask.

"Well, depends if your on his good side". Lucas says.

Lucas and I walk into the white building that says 'Coach Knight's Basketball Coart' on the top of the building.

"Coach, id like you to meet Nichole". Lucas says as we walk up to the man. He turned around from writing something down on a clip board.

"Well hello young lady". He says smiling making his face wrinkle up and having a shimmer in his blue eyes.

"Nice to meet you sir". I say putting my hand out.

He puts the clipboard into his right hand and shakes my hand.

"Is this your girlfriend Lucas"? He asks.

Lucas' face goes from ghost white, to tomatoe red.

"No Coach... just a friend". He says looking at the ground.

"Why is your face red son"? Coach asks as he laughs.

"Its just hot in here". Lucas says tugging at the colour of his shirt.

"Ha yeah now it is". Coach says.

"Well, I have to check some stuff out, and Lucas don't forget what I said".

Lucas' face turns back to pale white.

"Coach I'm sorry, you can ask me a thousand times, you could even bribe me with all the money in the world, but I can't take your offer". Lucas says.

"You can't take the offer? Well, do you want to do it Lucas"? Coach asks.

"Just forget about it". Lucas snaps and walks off to the front entrance.

"I'm so sorry sir, please excuse his out burst". I say run/walking to Lucas so I could catch up.

"Don't worry about it, I'm used to it". He replies. I just look back and smile and continue to head for Lucas.

"What was that about"? I ask out of breath.

"Nothing important". Lucas says.

"Lucas, its obvious that he knows you have a talent"! I say.

"I've seen you play, honestly, I thought that Austin was an incredable player, but you.... you are way better"!

"Just drop it, I can't take the offer and I'm not". He snaps.

"Can you at least tell me why not"? I ask.

He looks back at me and stops in his tracks.

"My mom doesn't want me to, and I can't put her through the stress". He says.

The bell rings to the school and Lucas and I just stand there looking at each other as everyone else enters the school. We didn't even notice the other kids because of our little conversation.

First period was weird. Science. And our teacher was a lunatic. Telling us how he scratched one of his wifes white plates and put it at the bottom of a stack of plates so she doesn't notice the damage he's done.

Second period was exhausting. Math. The teachers voice only stayed in one tone, and it was slow, and boring.

Third period is what I'm in now. Language. Both Lucas and Austin were in my class, along with some Nathan guy that was in front of Lucas and diagnal from Austin and I.

"Ok everyone, take your seats". The teacher says. Everybody sat down and was really quiet.

"We have a new student today, her name is Nichole Cunningham, Nichole please stand up". She said. I stood up and slightly waved at the class. Everyone could see me since I was in the back along with Austin. I sat back down and took my seat beside Austin as the class began.

"Ok today we are just going to do a little experiment with cards, you will write one thing down that you want in life and do not write your names on them". Ms. Kingery said. That's her name. She passed out some white flash cards and everyone began writing. I thought for a moment. Then wrote down the word 'Truth'.

Thats all I wanted.

"Ok everyone, times up". Ms. K said five minutes later while picking up the cards.

"Now remember class, nobody will know what these say exept for me, I won't even know who wrote them".

As she walked back to her desk and sat them down she said "Ok now were going to try something new.. Payton". She says.

The girl with blonde curly hair and green eyes looks up at Ms. K.

"Say one word that describes Lucas to you".

Her eyes drift in front of her at Lucas, who turned around just to hear her opinion.

"Desperate". She says.

"Ewww". Everyone in the class howls as Lucas looks at the front of the room.

"Ok.... Lucas is there one world that you think describes her"? Ms. K asks Luke.

Luke looks back at Payton and says "Lonely" in a soft tone and everyone "Ahhhh"'s at him.

The boy named Nathan raises his hand.

"Ms. Kingery Id like to describe Lucas in one word".

"Ok Nathan, go ahead". She says.

Nathan looks at Lucas.

"Bastard".

Lucas get a real pissed off look on his face and tackles Nathan into the wall behind the teachers desk and drives one hard punch into the boys face.