Chapter 10. Karens Cafe.

*Lucas' P.O.V*

Austin and I were on our way to Karens café. We were walking from the park I was dribbling the basketball when Austin asks

"Do you see yourself playing basketball in the future"?

I looked at him and thought for a moment. I look away and answer

"Honestly... I don't see a future.. yet".

"Why not"? He asks.

I stop dribbling the ball and hand it to him.

"Because I want to do something I enjoy, not something to ease my boredom". I say.

"Ease your boredom"?

"Yeah, I mean.. I love basketball, really, but I just don't, or can't see myself on the coart in the future".

"Then why are you joining the team"? He asks holding the ball in the crook of his elbow.

"Like I said, it eases my boredom". "Oh". He sighs.

We enter my mothers café soon after the awkward silence that was following our conversation.

"Hey Hales". I say walking in.

"Oh hey Luke....Austin". She says turning around from cleaning a cup as Austin sits down, putting the basketball in the seat to his left.

Haley was my old childhood friend. She comes from a huge family... but sometimes she just works overtime just so she can be here away from them... but not because there fighting or because anything like that.. just to see us I guess.

"Are you going to the game tomorrow"? Haley asks.

"Actually yeah, I'm going with Nichole". I say taking the other seat beside Austin.

"Nichole"? Haley asks washing another cup.

"She's a friend".

"Oh...". Was all she said.

As she washed more cups and some plates there fell an unwanted silence.

"So.. can I get you guys anything"? She asks.

"Ill just have a coffee". I say.

"I just want some pancakes and a rootbeer". Austin says yawning.

"Rootbeer"? I ask.

"Yeah you can't have pancakes without rootbeer or ketchup". He says.

Ketchup? Sick.. that's absolutely disgusting.

"Your sick". Haley says before me.

"It was a joke". He says.

"Gosh you guys don't know how to laugh".

"Yeah well you said it with a serious fa-

Haley stops her sentence and looks behind Austin and I, there stood the man who abandoned my mother and I. Dan Scott.

"Hello Lucas". Dan says looking at the wall, avoiding my glare.

"Well hey I'm off". I say getting up. "Ill see you later Hales".

I get up and walk out of the door.

I really need to fix that bell.

Or maybe I just need a "No Dan Scott Allowed" sign on the door so he could be banded out of my life, like he done me.

I hear footsteps and turn around to face someone I didn't see coming.

"Nathan"?

Then my eyesight went black. And I pasted out from all thoughts and movements.

Hey everyone! So your probably thinking... Nathan who? Nathan is Lucas' step brother, and they are sworn enemies and you'll be surprised what this story will turn into. But... yes there's a but... I need a few more readers! I want at least 100. And you guys don't vote nor comment... PLEASE VOTE IF YOU LOVE THIS AND COMMENT IF YOU LOVE THIS! I don't bite I PROMISE! :) But please please help me get to 100 readers <3 thank youzz! :)

By The Way... Prepare for the most Cliff Hanger story of your life. Some scenes in this story has also happened in my life. Alright? Ok. A-Alright ok. Alright. Ok. Haha. Byeeee COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE/VOTE <3