Chapter 16. Are You Serious?

Previously in "Forever The Love, Never The Change".

"Also, I came to tell you that, I got invited to Italy for a cooking class". She says.

Lucas spits his coffee everywhere.

"What"?!?

*Lucas' P.O.V*

"I got invited to take a cooking class in Italy". My mom says.

I pick up a napkin that was left over from yesterdays dinner that I didn't eat.

"I heared you the first time mom". I say.

"Should I do it"? My mom asks me.

I look over at Nichole.

Her eyes were focused on mine.

"I, think I'm going to go now". She says quickly getting up.

"Ill see you tomorrow morning Lucas".

The door shuts and I'm still dumb founded.

"Italy"? I ask.

"Yeah Italy, I wanted to know if you wanted me to go, if you would be ok with it". She says.

I had to think for a moment. She has been talking about this since day one.

"You know I support you one hundred percent mom, but... who would I be here with"? I ask.

"Keith agreed to watch you and make sure you don't do anything, I know your 17 but I just wanted him to check up on you". She says.

"Keith"? I ask.

She nodds.

I look down at the ground and then back up at her.

"You really want to do this"? I ask.

"Only if you want me to Luke". She says.

I sigh.

"When do you leave"? I ask.

"Next week". She says.

"Next week".....

"Alright mom". I say.

"Thanks Luke".

She gets up and leans down to hug me.

"Would you like to go get lunch"? She asks.

"No... I'm really sore". I say.

I feel bad for lying. I know I should be spending time with her because shell be gone in a week, but I needed time to think about this.

So did she.

"Alright Luke, call me if you want anything". She says.

"I will mom". I say.

"Love you".

"And I love you". I say.

*Austins P.O.V*

"You took quite a fall last night Austin". My mom says as we drive to my house.

"I know, that's what Lucas was telling me". I say looking out the window.

"Oh... I didn't know he was there".

"He wasn't... he was at the hospital". I say.

"The hospital? What happened to him"? My mom asks.

I completely forgot to tell her about what happened.

"He was just, really sick". I say.

"Oh, I feel bad for him... I didn't even see if he was ok". My mom says.

"Maybe we should go back".

"That's not a good idea mom.. he needs to rest". I say.

"True, true". She says getting out to pump gas.

I get my phone out and plan on calling Nichole, seeing if she's still there with Luke.

"Hello"? Nichole answers.

"Hey, are you still at the hospital with Luke"? I ask.

"No, I had to leave... it was getting awkward". She says.

"How's that"?

She sighs and I could hear her sniffle... and then taking a drink of something.

"His mom came and started telling him something... I mean... she shouldve waited". Nichole says.

Someone comes out of the Tim Hortons coffee place and its Nichole.

I don't tell her I'm right here.

She sits down on a bench over by the gas station my mother just went into.

"Waited on what"? I ask curiously.

"Well...". She says.

I could see her thinking of something, a cover up.

"She was in there talking about how she got offered a cooking class in Italy". She says taking a drink of coffee.

"Oh, really? What is Lucas going to do about it"? I ask.

"I don't know, I left before I could hear anymore". Nichole says.

"I seriously couldve cried right then and there".

I look at her. And for a moment.. I saw that she really was really worried. Lucas has changed a lot. Maybe a little to much.

"Hey... ill catch you later". I say.

"Alright". She says.

When we hang up.. I watch her walk away to her car. On the way there, wiping away tears that were just created.

My mom comes out, its about time, and she pumps the gas.. and gets in.

"Are you ready to go home"?

I look at my mom and I was about to say 'Yeah'... until I said "Take me to Karens house".

Alright... I'm hopeing you guys are liking it. Please follow me! I need some followers. I at least want 20 before I post another chapter.. so... also keep voting! Need those votess!!!! Have a goodnight Lovelys! <3